Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

There's a post on FB that either they are doing a MH-60M or a Block 152 HH-60 upgrade. At least that's what I take from it.

Oliver, no model will ever be 100% accurate either physically (detail can't be made that small) or materially (no tools available), so going forward, I agree with your mantra--"to each their own" and I can promise you my models will not be 100% accurate either.

Rivet Counter in my book does not mean EVERY detail HAS to be included, that would be physically impossible, but just to be able to stand back and say "Wow, that looks real". That's what I model for. If I offended you, I am sorry. Let's just move on and keep on building great helicopter models?--shall we?

Tim

Hi

Look guys I am not offended. I am just trying to make it clear that my motto is "To thine own self be true".

So thank you for understanding that no model can be 100 % accurate but all any of us can do as modelers is our individual best.

I'm here on this forum is to discuss my modeling skills and techniques. I suppose this could include accuracy, but I don't want to go round and round about that issue again. I would rather that someone discuss how I could improve on a specific technique or skill that I'm lacking. I don't have any problem sorting that sort of criticism, because I feel that's how we can all benefit and grow. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

Here is something that I always wanted to know after looking at the WIP on your huey. How in the h. e. double hockey sticks do you create the seat belts?

Richard

Hi Richard.

I used Eduard photo etched belts and buckles. Thanks for the comments.

Oliver

I see you are building a BlackHawk SOAR . How far along are u?..I am debating on gluing the inside posts to the fuselage first instead to the cargo floor... What did u do on yours. Any pointers?

Edited by Rotorman

Oliver

I enjoy reading and watching your builds. I don't have the exp. you have .

My self ,I like building them out of the box ( I hope , I did not offend you by that ) . I like the fun of building them .

open box

glue parts

air brush Tamyia paints are great

hand brush , I have hard time with Tamiya paints

I may switch brands .

Sad part no hobby shops .Internet orders only.

Thanks again for your builds

rick

Oliver

I enjoy reading and watching your builds. I don't have the exp. you have .

My self ,I like building them out of the box ( I hope , I did not offend you by that ) . I like the fun of building them .

open box

glue parts

air brush Tamyia paints are great

hand brush , I have hard time with Tamiya paints

I may switch brands .

Sad part no hobby shops .Internet orders only.

Thanks again for your builds

rick

Hi Rick

I have been following your build.

I can relate about having trouble with some paints.....me, its with silver paints from any brand, no matter how i try I always mess it up.

Glad to hear u like the builds.

Oliver

Since you drive MH-60S's but don't recognize it as something essential, does that mean it's not there? I'm not being facetious about this as I truly would like to know. The parts are from the Eduard UH-60 interior set based on a US Army UH-60. This set of lower boxes actually show up in some Army UH-60's, but not all. I have come across internet photos purportedly of the interior of an MH-60S and the boxes are there. Since I am near production of an MH-60S detail set, knowing the truth about these boxes is really something that could be meaningful to round out the set.

Chris M

It is not there hence why I asked my question. Pretty simple really.

Without input from someone who actually knows, we can see that misrepresented publicly available images can lead us in the wrong direction.This is not meant to be any criticism of Oliver's work, it is meant to illustrate that "g**gle" searches can bring up other people's mistakes and cause the viewer confusion. Thanks for clarifying the point.

Chris M

Edited by Chief Snake

Hope I'm not seen as hi-jacking your thread but I have a question:

What are the holes in the floor for? (Red circle in the picture).

20141122_160803_zps17445e30Marked_zps0a55e0bf.jpg

When I was dry fitting my model they don't seem to have a purpose and actually make it so the floor has a huge gap by the door. I also noticed corresponding holes in the roof section.

I can't see the things in later pictures of the floor. I assume you removed them.

Chris

Edited by Dadeo911

You have access to all kinds of scratchbuilding tools being in the TV industry, don't you?-lucky you!

Tim

Hi Tim

Some but not that many tools available for our small stuff, mostly 1/1 ratio stuff. I do like the idea of someone making a square jig...if u don't mind i will borrow your idea and try to have someone make one for me.

Do u have any clear photos of the back of the seats(pilots seats), i do have one but i need one a little clearer than the one i got. Where do all the wiring on the seats go, any photos?

Your roof is shaping up nicely BTW.

Oliver

Hi Tim

Some but not that many tools available for our small stuff, mostly 1/1 ratio stuff. I do like the idea of someone making a square jig...if u don't mind i will borrow your idea and try to have someone make one for me.

Do u have any clear photos of the back of the seats(pilots seats), i do have one but i need one a little clearer than the one i got. Where do all the wiring on the seats go, any photos?

Your roof is shaping up nicely BTW.

Oliver

Well, I'm certainly not Tim and this IS a UH-60M so there may be some differences, but here is what the pilot seats look like in the Mike model.

Ray

UH-60M85_zps262c2505.jpg

UH-60M74_zps34873da9.jpg

UH-60M66_zps05598957.jpg

UH-60M62_zpscaccf60a.jpg

UH-60M59_zps6e2421c5.jpg

UH-60M58_zpsb0226f2d.jpg