Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Hey Ray, is their any way you can get me a REALLY close up pic of the airworthiness sticker attached to Super 68's right cargo bulkhead (the lime green one) so I can make it into a decal?-it's the current 2014 ACE certification sticker.

If so shoot it to my e-mail, thanks!

Tim

Hi Tim

Some but not that many tools available for our small stuff, mostly 1/1 ratio stuff. I do like the idea of someone making a square jig...if u don't mind i will borrow your idea and try to have someone make one for me.

Do u have any clear photos of the back of the seats(pilots seats), i do have one but i need one a little clearer than the one i got. Where do all the wiring on the seats go, any photos?

Your roof is shaping up nicely BTW.

Oliver

No, I don't mine at all, especially if it helps out us modelers.

You need to make 2 blocks( I used alluminum) 30mm tall by 20mm wide and milled out a step 10mm high,so it should look like the ones in the picture.

For the long piece, I used a piece of alluminum 3/8 inch thick cut to 6 inches long. Just make sure you use the factory cut for all 90 degree uses!

Hope it works for you. If not,let me know!

Tim

Hey Ray, is their any way you can get me a REALLY close up pic of the airworthiness sticker attached to Super 68's right cargo bulkhead (the lime green one) so I can make it into a decal?-it's the current 2014 ACE certification sticker.

Tim

Tim,

Not a problem. I'm not sure when I'll be back down though. Hopefully before too long.

Ray

Tim

Hey-

Airworthiness sticker? What does this signify?

Sorry for the question, but I work in the Navy's Airworthiness Office and was just curious what this means.

Thanks,

Phil

Hey-

Airworthiness sticker? What does this signify?

Sorry for the question, but I work in the Navy's Airworthiness Office and was just curious what this means.

Thanks,

Phil

US Army AWR's are usually generated when an airframe passes through depot level maintenance. I don't think they expire by date but by airframe hours which requires the airframe to enter Depot level inspection. The issue date is on the airframe sticker which is when the airframe went through Depot inspection. In the case of Super 68, the airframe went through "deactivation/preservation" inspection in 2014. I may be wrong but I think flyable airframes get a yellow sticker, nonflyable airframes a green one. Or maybe they alternate per inspection.

Chris M

Edited by Chief Snake

US Army AWR's are usually generated when an airframe passes through depot level maintenance. I don't think they expire by date but by airframe hours which requires the airframe to enter Depot level inspection. The issue date is on the airframe sticker which is when the airframe went through Depot inspection. In the case of Super 68, the airframe went through "deactivation/preservation" inspection in 2014. I may be wrong but I think flyable airframes get a yellow sticker, nonflyable airframes a green one. Or maybe they alternate per inspection.

Chris M

Chris & Tim

That makes sense, Thanks!

Phil

Working on the pilots' seat frames today. I wanna add the springs but cant see on my photos where they attach on the frame..can u guys help. Thanks.

This is what ive done so far

20141231_161151_zps7e4119b3.jpg

20141231_161213_zps78a97681.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Chris & Tim

That makes sense, Thanks!

Phil

There is a US Army pamphlet called DA Pam 738-751 that covers the color coding system and issue time. Yellow tags means serviceable, green tags unserviceable. The AWR's are issued at depot level or AVCRAD repair stations and have the year of issue on them. TT flown determines the inspection time or placement in storage. The record books for each airframe detail exactly what was done and when. Those records follow the airframe life until time of destruction when they are written off.This is just a simple explanation, the pamphlet cover it all.

Chris M

There is a US Army pamphlet called DA Pam 738-751 that covers the color coding system and issue time. Yellow tags means serviceable, green tags unserviceable. The AWR's are issued at depot level or AVCRAD repair stations and have the year of issue on them. TT flown determines the inspection time or placement in storage. The record books for each airframe detail exactly what was done and when. Those records follow the airframe life until time of destruction when they are written off.This is just a simple explanation, the pamphlet cover it all.

Chris M

HERE is a link to the PDF of the pamphlet.

Ray

Working on the pilots' seat frames today. I wanna add the springs but cant see on my photos where they attach on the frame..can u guys help. Thanks.

This is what ive done so far

20141231_161151_zps7e4119b3.jpg

20141231_161213_zps78a97681.jpg

There seems to be two ways those springs get attached, it depends on which version or mod the seat is. One runs vertically like you have, the other is VEE installation from the center to lower outboard side. Some seats have no springs visible.

Chris M

Thanks. Hows your build going?

Oliver

It is going good so far. I have completed the floor and the cabin wall and now I am working on the cabin roof. Not as good as yours but it works for me. :)/> I will update this afternoon when I get off of work.