Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Sorry Gino, you own the lions share of the blame on this one. It is VERY apparent that your comments were neither appreciated, nor welcome on this thread that Oliver started. Repeated postings of an unwelcome nature on this, or any other thread are, at best sophomoric, at worst, harassment. He uses artistic license, he admits his builds are not accurate and YOU are the ONLY person who is posting on this thread about the lack of accuracy while all other posts recognize the skill of the poster. "Mean spirited" and "woefully myopic" are two phrases that come to mind. I will miss Oliver's posts and find your lack of accountability childish, and devoid of honor. Thanks for your posts.

Not

Marc Cutler, AKA Newf 36

Oliver, I'm sorry to see you go. I have been inspired by your efforts. In fact, they have gotten me to start back in helo modelling. Almost afraid to show what I have been working on.

Walt Haynes

Oliver's work has had that effect on a lot of us, Walt.

Ray

Sorry I don't just blindly lay praise on everyone like butter, as most do here. Taking only my posts above and none of the others around them does not portray them correctly as they are out of context. If you read the thread, you will see most of my comments are in response to questions asked about the accuracy of the actual helos. Very few are responses to Oliver's build. A few were directly addressing his build, so be it.

Gotta love how everyone loves acting like adults and attacking me as well. I never told or asked him to leave. He is the childish one who took his toys and left. That is the last I will post on this issue.

Sorry I don't just blindly lay praise on everyone like butter, as most do here. Taking only my posts above and none of the others around them does not portray them correctly as they are out of context. If you read the thread, you will see most of my comments are in response to questions asked about the accuracy of the actual helos. Very few are responses to Oliver's build. A few were directly addressing his build, so be it.

Gotta love how everyone loves acting like adults and attacking me as well. I never told or asked him to leave. He is the childish one who took his toys and left. That is the last I will post on this issue.

Wow presented like that it sure sucks! Ray you were right, but let me tell you something for the sake of the forum, it's almost our fault too cause we were all anoyed by the constant inapropriate and unwanted critcism and NO ONE said a thing, we just let Oliver get bashed everytime in silence, for one I'm not here to show what I know but to learn how to build models, is up to me to choose accuracy or awesomeness and maybe sometime I will/would ask something about it, but when it comes to newbies we get close to none feedback, we have to wait for days for a "polite" answer, expert modelers only answer to expert modelers maybe it would be a good thing for the forum and the hobby itself to encourage newbies to join in and share experiences. This is maybe a different issue but since we are having the chance to discuss attitudes I thought it could be relevant

I'm just going to add my two cents worth her. If I post pictures I ask for and appreciate critique in regards to a mistake on accuracy as I am trying to make a miniature of the original, as much as my skills allow. I see my sloppy modeling technique as well as anyone, so I don't need to have those points addressed. If one is making a model for the enjoyment of the process I think they should be encouraged by one and all. If they ask for critique, it should be given in the spirit of it was sought. I hope something positive will result from this turn of events. Again, I will post my latest when I can recall how. Please feel free to comment.

Walt Haynes

Attacking you!!??? Who's the child now? And we are just talking about your posts addressed to Oliver! Very mature and showing lack of valid arguments saying that's the last post on this issue.

Yeah, I said I was out of this thread but come on!!!

Attacking you!!??? Who's the child now? And we are just talking about your posts addressed to Oliver! Very mature and showing lack of valid arguments saying that's the last post on this issue.

Yeah, I said I was out of this thread but come on!!!

Reread it buddy. I said it is the last I would post on this issue. You guys can go on as long as you like.

Edited by HeavyArty

Gino:

Who's taking their toys home and refusing to play now? Amazing how a bully runs away when they're called out on their bullying. Cat's out of the bag now hombre. If I ask for your comment on accuracy-and I will, because despite your lack of character, you know more than I do about helicopters-feel free to add your comments. Otherwise, feel free to looks, and work on your own pieces, post if you want, and wait for others to blindly lay on praise like butter (weak analogy BTw). As for others who post here-I hope you get the message they are trying to deliver to you. Man up dude, you look mighty lame right now.

Edited by Newf36

I am not taking my toys anywhere. I just don't see the need to continue on this thread as whatever I say, you guys have made up your minds already and they will not be changed. I will not apologize for providing input (most of which was asked for) on an open site even if it is counter to what a certain group thinks. So I will bow out of this thread and you guys can continue to discuss how despicable I am for causing the great Oliver to leave.

So, was that REALLY your final post?

Sez a lot about who you are as person that you'd rather belittle others and welcome criticism rather than admit your rather prominent role in bullying somebody off this site with your unwelcome additions to their thread. Mom and Dad must be so proud...anxiously awaiting your next final reply.

So I'm going to end my comments on this issue on a poitive note. Here is what Oliver has taught me as illustated by a recent event. I am a member of a UH-1 Huey Facebook page and someone shared a post of Oliver's awesome Huey build. Being as everyone on the site is a Huey lover and most work with them, I felt the need to post this "That's my buddy, Oliver Doering's bird. he is a master model builder, but is more interested in the artistic presentation that historical accuracy. After all, how many of you have seen a UH-1C medevac on a ship deck undergoing maintenance!." What a jerk I am. Turns out NO ONE cared about how accurate it was. All they noticed was the incedible talent and lifelike appaerance. The original post got 218 likes, more than any REAl HUEYS I have posted there. Keep in mind these are pilots, crew and maintaners who actually worked on the real thing! The comments were universally positive. What I learned form this is that I need ot get off my high horse and appreciate the talent regardless of accuracy. Oliver has my eternal gratitude for teaching me a life lesson as well as being a good friend.

I will leave you with this, you haven't heard anything negative from Oliver despite the attacks on him. Who's the bigger man, the one who waits to throw the last punch or the one who walks away from the fight?

Ray

Edited by rotorwash

I would like to share a little something with the group. There use to be a jokes section , I found it funny and refreshing , so much so that when I was asked to commentate at several military conferences I would print up several months of daily jokes and take them to the joke Nazis and allow them to pick the best 50 or so and I would print them up and place them in a fish bowl. All the guest speakers would come up and pull a joke out of the bowl and read it. it was a hit , and great tension easer for many a guest speaker. But somewhere along the line I was told that someone was offended by a daily joke posted on the ARC and that ended all the jokes. A sad day for some but we were all affected directly or indirectly.

Now fast forward, here we have an MH-60S build, not an accurate build by many accounts, but an informative build displaying techniques and artistic talents far beyond my skill set. The images we saw and the discussions we had I am sure helped each of us in some way. We are model builders, caught somewhere between accuracy ,TLAR (that looks about right), and just plain artist license to do whatever we like , why because we do not build models for others , we build for our own pleasures. We build to think, to explore, to gain knowledge or release stress and plenty of other reasons to long to list. We need to remind ourselves , modeling is suppose to be fun and enjoyable. Do not take it to serious cause just like life , we can not take our models with us when we die. Oh wait strike that remark , I plan on taking a few to build.

But seriously , I would like to ask Oliver to come back in fold , and lets embrace each and everyone's talents, ideas, comments and use them in a more positive light or forever sit back and say damn wish I had done something, said something, or built something. I love this website , the forums and lessons learned here. Lets keep it being what it was intended to be, a fun place of fellowship, learning , wonderment and laughs.

Well just my thoughts for the day.

Ok, just catching up on this thread. I must say, a lot has changed since my last comment here. I think everyone should step away from their puter and go take a quick walk in the garden. I have always enjoy Oliver's builds as he is very talented amigo ;) but at the same token, I myself like to build my models as accurate as possible to honor the men and women that are part of the real thing. Can I build them 100% accurate...most likely not, but I do appreciate when guys that have more knowledge then myself chime in with help to achieve such. You have to remember it takes good amount of time to do a research and when guys come along and shares such info...is awesome. It frees up more time for me to focus on the modeling part of the build.

So, reading through this thread again I don't see most of Ginos comments as harsh. I guess, personal I like a little challenge...helps me to get better. I do hate to see Oliver call it quits as his paint and scratch building skills are amazing. He is one of the few individual that pushed me to get better with his talent and I hope to achieve such level soon. :thumbsup:

So, reading through this thread again I don't see most of Ginos comments as harsh. />

You might want to check some of Oliver's previous threads. Same sniping as this one. Everyone else "got it" ages ago. Oliver was going for his own rendition of a helo, not a 100% dead nuts, accurate model of one particular helo. He didn't need someone to remind him on a near-daily basis that he was doing it "wrong".

Leaving Gino behind, I just wanted to say what a great guy Oliver has been. When I first joined ARC, I started to get interested in building the Trumpeter Mil-8 Hip. I think on one post, I complained about the scarcity of the Trumpy kit and it's high cost. Oliver PM'd me and offered to send me this kit, no cost. He had started work on it but decided not to proceed. He was gracious enough to send me the kit and then followed up with tons of advice. Not too many people like that kicking around these days. Truly saddened that he is leaving and I hope after a bit he'll reconsider.

+1 on hoping Oliver will reconsider. I should have said more sooner than I did. Lesson learned, and I for one will not stand idly by again. You have tremendous talent, and take the time to share it. If you are still out there, please reconsider-thanks.

Marc

Its a real shame you want to leave ARC, we all consider you as a friend, but if its your final decition, we cant do anything but wish you all the best.

Keep making those amazing models, and remember, modelling is fun.

All the best my friend Oliver.

Rod.

11bee, I don't have a dog in this race as I don't know either of these parties personally. I have seen on many occasions Gino helping others with what he can (mostly his knowledge) and Oliver as being a stand up and talented individual. Yes, few words could have been stated differently, but nothing worth leaving the site over. Off and on I have followed Oliver's builds here and on other forums and I hope he will reconsider and stick around as this is one of the greatest forums on the net. A lot talented individuals here with both modeling and real life experience :thumbsup:

Especially, since I joined... :rofl:

J/k

I believe Gino's comments were mostly for other people, not Oliver. If Oliver wants to build a fantasy helicopter, that's fine. But I think it's important for some of the accuracy issues to be pointed out. Problem is, other Modelers will see this thread and try to build their helicopter based on Oliver's, and not the real thing. They might be wanting to build an accurate scale model and not know that Oliver's is wrong. I read a couple posts where people were asking if Oliver would cast his scratch built parts. Problem with that is, they're wrong, and the point of resin aftermarket is usually to make a kit innacuracy ACCURATE. I mean Oliver went out if his way to make something wrong, in reference to the cockpit floor where he obscured vision through the chin bubble. He wants to do that, fine, but stuff like that should be pointed out to other Modelers. And as far as Gino saying he won't give any more pointers in accuracy, I get that. Can't ask someone for tips on how something should be, and then do the opposite of what that person tells you. Oliver can scratch build like a champ. There's no denying that. Pointing out his jnnacuracies aren't the same as attacking him. I know I'm captain newbie here, but those are just my thoughts.

It is very sad to see you leave this forum, Oliver. Your modelling is exceptional and inspirational.

I understand that to some modellers, accuracy comes before any other consideration when it comes to building a model. Oliver's style of modelling doesn't strive for absolute accuracy but his models are still stunning. It will be a pity we won't see the MH-60S, Lynx and Super Frelon come to fruition on this forum.

We must all remember the first rule of scale modelling; FUN. Building models should always be fun.

LD.