Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

It's unfortunate that a select group of asshats have really managed to suck the fun out of this aspect of the hobby. You can't share progress and ideas without someone telling you that your build is 3 rivets short on the left side. Doing WIPs has become a thing of the past for me here on ARC thanks to the same people again and again. Also, certain topics bring the same remarks and nastiness. When you call these trolls on their remarks, they turn it on the other person and the YOU'RE the bad guy. I will stick to lurking and reading about others' work. Gino is sure to wow us with a detailed, well-illustrated demonstration of his skills so we can learn how to do it from the master... Or not...

Edited by jgrease
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, damn, damn mad.gif !

We lose an outstanding asset, one with Michelangelo artistic and engineering skills, all because of a member(s) with narcissistic traits who completely fail at diplomatic discourse.

Although the intention was honorable, delivery of said discourse is sometime much more important than intended purpose. "You can attract more with honey than you can with vinegar".

I totally understand Oliver's decision and don't blame him one bit for wanting to remove himself from a toxic e-environment.

I ask (beg) you Oliver to please return and continue with your beautiful work here. One; Because it's easy to see you enjoy sharing your builds. And two; We members (grasshoppers!) equally or even immensely enjoy following your work while learning.

Put anyone you feel is toxic on your ignore list then continue inspiring us 'grasshoppers' to learn and enjoy your creations.

But, unfortunately, I truly understand if you choose to not return.

BTW; I'm a recovering militant rivet counter who, through maturity via self reevaluation, have seen the light of the bigger picture of (Modeling) life. So I also understand the rivet counter's POV as well. There is a healthier way to achieve a rivet counter's purpose that,

more importantly, instills good will with fellow members.

• 1 month later...

I have read all the posts on my site and decided to log back in. I wanted to thank everyone for the amazing support and all the posts you have written. Thank you.

I have bought while in France several helmets and figures from Norbert. The quality is incredible and the details are out of this world. A must to have to any helo builds. Will paint the helmets red to match the tail of the helo and add a bit a color in that dark front cockpit.

The cockpit placards are from the F18 Hornet in 1/32, I had to cut them to size to fit the screens. I did not want to use the PE sets from Eduard recently released for the 60s.

The predator is part of the upcoming diorama, I will add fastropes to the inside of the cabin.

Oliver

20150531_132132_zpse5zr1ltx.jpg

20150531_152245_zpsmgv7h9mr.jpg

20150531_152055_zpsithbptsv.jpg

20150601_181511_zpssfa0fsjk.jpg

20150531_152307_zpslrxvr23p.jpg

20150523_095243_zpsy0b1awbn.jpg

20150523_095236_zpsdpmdqo4u.jpg

20150517_104345_zpskxeqeths.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Hi Oliver

glad to see you back, despite I hate not having enougth time to put a word on all great topics in this forum.

And many thanks for your purchase, hope you will have great paints on them

Norbert

Hi Oliver

glad to see you back, despite I hate not having enougth time to put a word on all great topics in this forum.

And many thanks for your purchase, hope you will have great paints on them

Norbert

Norbert,

I am sure you are about to get more orders soon.

It was nice talking to you few days ago. I will forward the deck tractor regarding what we talked to about.

Painting helmets today.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Welcome back, my friend!

I'm glad you're gonna fight but never give up!

Really cool stuff you posted. I was just blown away while watching it.

Great work! Adding that unmanned hickey was a nice idea.

I'll be following your progress with great atention.

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

Hi Oliver,

Firstly - I'm so happy you have reconsidered your decision and decided to continue posting your in progress of this build. Your Huey build was such an inspiration.

Secondly - This is one outstanding build, showing some amazing scratch building skills and an artist touch with an airbrush.

I'm really looking forward to this build completed. Don't forget to have as much FUN as you can with the rest.

James

20150531_132132_zpse5zr1ltx.jpg

20150531_152245_zpsmgv7h9mr.jpg

20150523_095243_zpsy0b1awbn.jpg

20150523_095236_zpsdpmdqo4u.jpg

First and foremost; WELCOME BACK banana.gif271.gif !!

Secondly; Your interior work is absolutely incredible!

People will spend time examining the inside as well the outside, due to your detail with paint, if you put it on public display.