Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Couple of questions...

Have you decided on the scheme Oliver? I mean, I remember you saying it was gonna be gray but you hadn't decided on the tail, have you already?

Do you know what color are your figures gonna be painted? Green or desert colors?

And what ever happened to the tractor?

Sorry just trying to catch up a bit!

Hi Kike,

The tail will be painted red to break up the all grey scheme for the helo. I dont know about decals yet since I am not crazy about the ones in the kit. I always wanted to do a rising sun logo on the tail but I am not sure I can duplicate that just yet....we"ll see.

I havent decided on the figures color until you mentioned it...will get back to you on that one.

I have stopped on the tractor for now, I have been talking to Norbert and I need to send him dimensions on the tractor for him to make a driver in 3D for it.

Still working on the tail today, I had to do some surgery on it in order to match the Navy version.

Thanks for inquiring on the Seahawk.

oliver

20121008-063823-_DSC0960-X2.jpg

From Michael Jones photography! only for ilustration purposes!

DSCN0804.JPG

US_Navy_030405-N-7781D-023_An_Airman_performs_maintenance_on_an_SH-60_Seahawk_helicopter_attached_to_the_Dusty_Dogs_of_Helicopter_Anti-submarine_Squadron_Seven_(HS-7)_aboard_USS_Harry_S._Truman_(CVN_75).jpg

US_Navy_050525-N-0167B-011_An_Aviation_Electronics_Technician_performs_corrosion_control_on_an_HH-60H_Seahawk_helicopter.jpg

6306085799_43635d82c6_z.jpg

From the net for the same reasons!

You might have seen them but there they are....

Edited by kike

Working on filling up the gaps on the tail and started on fast ropes for inside cabin

This is just a trial run on the ropes.

I glued them in place and spray water to soften the fabric. I will be adding spray glue to hold everything in place than paint. Helmets are not finished yet.

Oliver

20150621_090237_zpsgtnezeb6.jpg

20150621_090327_zpssqoawdlc.jpg

20150621_090308_zpsmrstw4p5.jpg

20150621_090413_zps5udxzkrt.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Hi Oliver

On the figures, primer tamiya white very delayed : 3 white for 7 alcool at 90°, low pressure, very thin layers. Test before on something else.

You should have a near to glossy surface, with the matt tamiya white...

this will be very important on the face, especialy on small scales

Norbert

Hi Oliver

On the figures, primer tamiya white very delayed : 3 white for 7 alcool at 90°, low pressure, very thin layers. Test before on something else.

You should have a near to glossy surface, with the matt tamiya white...

this will be very important on the face, especialy on small scales

Norbert

Someone else will paint the figures.passing on info.

Great to see you back and the continuation of this build Oliver, looking forward to seeing how it turns out. BTW, happy to paint the figures for this if you dont already have it sorted, my blog is here to give you an idea of my work. http://andysgreyarmy.blogspot.co.uk/

all the best

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the comments. I am familiar with your 2 Huey pilot figures, they are just awesome, I dig the way you paint. I would be interested of having you paint the figures for the Seahawk dio. Lets talk further..PM sent.

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

The tail needs a good amount of work to make it into a SIERRA model and so do the stabilizer. I have to describe few lines and rivet holes that were lost in the sanding process.

20150623_174221_zpsndeaaaaq.jpg

20150623_174207_zpsqthacu21.jpg

20150623_174252_zpsunonl3fc.jpg

Edited by Rotorman
1434834681[/url]' post='2719902']

Oh please! Then don't read my posts. Everyone has equal rights to post here. Since when has providing information been bullying anyways?

Yup a poor screen shot of a bad pic of a model I did over 5 years ago. Yup, the window clouded a bit, so what?

So sorry I have upset the amazing Rotorman and all his loyal disciples.

Gotta love the PC world we live in.

In a fit of disgust after catching up with your build I was about to make a well aimed sarcastic comment on the quality of Gino's Huey. I stopped & applied my personnel technique for vetting my comments before I hit the post button "Would I write the same thing if my Mother was reading over my shoulder" Instead preferring to keep it on topic & positive as we're hit with so many negative things in our day to day lives & I don't know about you but modelling helps me escape from all that?

Oliver I've said it before, as a chopper tragic myself your builds are the bench mark as far as I'm concerned, keep up the good work I can't wait to see this one finished.

J

I would like to apologize directly to Oliver for the way he was treated by HeavyArty. HeavyArty's conduct in this thread has done nothing to encourage modellers....his comments have been quite discouraging. The goal of ARC is to share our love for this hobby and to encourage others modellers to build. I am a firm believer of "Build what you want....how you want and permit other modellers to do the same." If along the way you can encourage other builders to build more or help them get more pleasure from this hobby by helping them improve their skills etc....then you are a Godsend to this hobby. Oliver is very much a Godsend to this hobby and I encourage everyone to follow his example of encouraging others to build.

I would like to apologise for my slow response to this thread. I work a full time job and also do ARC. Since my wife's cancer has been stopped, we've decided to sell our home and downsize into a 2 bedroom apartment and we're dealing with that this summer. I have a 19 year old daughter doing volunteer work in Rwanda this summer to help local business people reach their full potential as part of her University business studies. It is her first time in Africa and I'm busy supporting her in anyway a loving Dad can...both emotionally and financially. I am also busy building a home for Angel's family in the Philippines and forever watching over Angel and keeping her safe and healthy. Plus for the past year I've been busy teaching my youngest daughter the fine art of driving a car. So if I seem slow to respond to things...it is simply because I am usually overloaded helping the ones I love.

To Oliver....keep doing what you are doing and know I admire your skill and workmanship very much. I am very much is awe of your work.

To everyone else in this thread that encouraged Oliver....well done.....I owe you all a very big thanks....you are the people that are helping this hobby thrive.

Below is a PM I sent to HeavyArty

-------------------------------------------

HeavyArty,

I have read the entire thread about Oliver's MH-60 in-progress build and I am annoyed and disturbed by your comments. You went well beyond helpful critiquing and into outright attacking. Long after you were informed Oliver wanted to build his model the way he wanted.....you persisted in discouraging Oliver. Once Oliver decided to quit ARC.....and then thankfully returned....you continued your attacks. Really?!?! Are you really that cruel of an individual?

This sort of conduct is what kills forums. Build your models how you want and let others build their model how they want.

The goal of ARC is to encourage other builders to build models.....if someone is building a model.....then that is good for our hobby.....if someone is discouraging a modeller from building...then that is bad for our hobby. Your actions in this thread were bad for this hobby. I am always saddened when I see people with the discouraging mindset you displayed towards Oliver.

To everyone else in this thread that encouraged Oliver....well done.....I owe you all a very big thanks....you are the people that are helping this hobby thrive.

I would like to apologize directly to Oliver for the way he was treated by HeavyArty. HeavyArty's conduct in this thread has done nothing to encourage modellers....his comments have been quite discouraging. The goal of ARC is to share our love for this hobby and to encourage others modellers to build. I am a firm believer of "Build what you want....how you want and permit other modellers to do the same." If along the way you can encourage other builders to build more or help them get more pleasure from this hobby by helping them improve their skills etc....then you are a Godsend to this hobby. Oliver is very much a Godsend to this hobby and I encourage everyone to follow his example of encouraging others to build.

I would like to apologise for my slow response to this thread. I work a full time job and also do ARC. Since my wife's cancer has been stopped, we've decided to sell our home and downsize into a 2 bedroom apartment and we're dealing with that this summer. I have a 19 year old daughter doing volunteer work in Rwanda this summer to help local business people reach their full potential as part of her University business studies. It is her first time in Africa and I'm busy supporting her in anyway a loving Dad can...both emotionally and financially. I am also busy building a home for Angel's family in the Philippines and forever watching over Angel and keeping her safe and healthy. Plus for the past year I've been busy teaching my youngest daughter the fine art of driving a car. So if I seem slow to respond to things...it is simply because I am usually overloaded helping the ones I love.

To Oliver....keep doing what you are doing and know I admire your skill and workmanship very much. I am very much is awe of your work.

Below is a PM I sent to HeavyArty

-------------------------------------------

HeavyArty,

I have read the entire thread about Oliver's MH-60 in-progress build and I am annoyed and disturbed by your comments. You went well beyond helpful critiquing and into outright attacking. Long after you were informed Oliver wanted to build his model the way he wanted.....you persisted in discouraging Oliver. Once Oliver decided to quit ARC.....and then thankfully returned....you continued your attacks. Really?!?! Are you really that cruel of an individual?

This sort of conduct is what kills forums. Build your models how you want and let others build their model how they want.

The goal of ARC is to encourage other builders to build models.....if someone is building a model.....then that is good for our hobby.....if someone is discouraging a modeller from building...then that is bad for our hobby. Your actions in this thread were bad for this hobby. I am always saddened when I see people with the discouraging mindset you displayed towards Oliver.

Many thanks for taking time to respond, Steve. All the best to you and your family. Family always comes first. Your daughter sounds like the kind of girl I hope my own Amelia turn out to be one day. You should be very proud.

Ray

Thanks for sharing that info, Steve. Keep up the good work.

You are correct in saying that every model built is a positive for the hobby we all love. Far too few model kits are actually built and I am guilty of NOT building enough models. Oliver's models have been built with a small bit of artistic licence but with a huge amount of skill and are a big inspiration to many of us.

I believe HeavyArty has a different approach to the hobby whereby absolute accuracy to the real helicopter is the most important thing. I tried to be as accurate as possible when I built my OH-6D. I am quite proud of some of the details on that model and I cringe when I look at some of the other details that I didn't get right. I will strive to try harder the next time with my next model. I think HeavyArty fully appreciates Oliver's considerable talent as a modeller and is possibly frustrated that his skills are not being used to build a model that is 100% faithful to the real MH-60. Oliver, keep up the great work on this model and HeavyArty, maybe give this build a miss, but post up your next build. Your models of the H-60 were quite impressive and similar builds would be very welcome here.

LD.