Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Thanks 11 bee.

Folded rotor is tricky. This is the first try. Need some improvement. The kit is not set up for folding the blades, the folded mechanism is molded together and requires heavy surgery and sanding to separate the two parts. I was able to separate them but it did not look right so I used plan B.

20150823_145016_zpsa6gsx7va.jpg

20150823_145022_zpsl5djoivx.jpg

20150823_150033_zpsydc12pge.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Thanks 11 bee.

Folded rotor is tricky. This is the first try. Need some improvement. The kit is not set up for folding the blades, the folded mechanism is molded together and requires heavy surgery and sanding to separate the two parts. I was able to separate them but it did not look right so I used plan B.

20150823_145016_zpsa6gsx7va.jpg

20150823_145022_zpsl5djoivx.jpg

20150823_150033_zpsydc12pge.jpg

I`m sorry Rotorman

It look to f**king good Thank you for not cancelling.

Hi Oliver,

I'm just blown away with what I've seen. Those bunch of small and tiny parts are impressive!

Nice improvements on the main rotor as well. BTW, those cilindrical parts, how did you make them, lathe turn?

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

Hi Oliver,

I'm just blown away with what I've seen. Those bunch of small and tiny parts are impressive!

Nice improvements on the main rotor as well. BTW, those cilindrical parts, how did you make them, lathe turn?

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

ALEX...What's up. Howe are u?

I use my Manila drill for lathe but I am buying a mini lathe next weekend.

Glad u like it.

What are u working on

Oliver

ALEX...What's up. Howe are u?

I use my Manila drill for lathe but I am buying a mini lathe next weekend.

Glad u like it.

What are u working on

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Buying a mini lathe? It's great to have it on the bench. I used to use my big Bosch electric drill as a lathe time ago

but after I used it during my home remodeling (kinda 1:1 scale modeling, LOL) I hardly can use it again as a lathe.

What am I working on? Well, I'm stuck with some crazy projects. Firstly, I'm still keeping in mind to resurrect my Mig-29 kit bash build and yet

I'm tinkering with reshaping of UH-1C nose. I actually dislike what MRC/Academy offered so I picked up a bunch of pics from the Web so I'm just sanding, sanding...applying a putty, then sanding again and so on. LOL

I still hope to make it one day. ;)/> My Kiowa took a back seat for the Mig and UH-1 builds but I think I'll return to the Kiowa blades folding kit sooner.

That's it. Thanks for asking. :)/>

Cheers!

Alexander

Thanks Eastern.

The question of the day is:

Glue all blades in place first then paint knowing several blades will overlap themselves or paint blades separately. My issue is that the whole unit rotor and blades are one color. Gonna sleep on this one for now.

Moving to wires tomorrow since the rotor head is pretty much done for small details.

20150906_185644_zpsjver4vd9.jpg

20150906_204304_zpsqngv6ja7.jpg

20150906_204234_001_zpsnr9mpgvh.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

That swashplate with all those bolt heads looks totally cool, Oliver. I've been buying Meng bolts & nuts,and masterclub castellated nuts to put on my swashplate for my MH-60M. Those small castellated nuts look like the real deal.

I'm hoping it and my scratchbuilt main rotor head turns out good enough for an aftermarket company to offer to buy.

The kit rotor head is pathetic if you ask me!

Tim

Hi Tim

I agree with you about the rotor head..

Working on the blades restrains today. I have to glue the rotor mast to the rotor hub in order to get the right angle. So many little things come in play together in order to get the right angle..measure twice cut once..

Here's how it looks so far.

20150920_094416_zpspbhd4x1j.jpg

20150920_094306_zpsffcglp2p.jpg

20150920_094316_zpsxds96n3r.jpg

Edited by Rotorman