Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Man, I would love to get a casting of your transmission modification. It totally rocks Oliver!

Hope you get to feeling better my friend!

Tim

Hi Tim,

For some reason I am struggling with the swashplate. I have added the tabs but it looks off to me.

Oliver

Slow progress..

I still dont know how to link the control rods from the floor to the bottom of the swash plate..anyone has photos? I got photos from Seaking pilot but it appears that it's different on the Knighthawk from his S92.

Oliver

20160124_172442_zpsfbxxwci1.jpg

Hi Oliver,

I'm (almost) 100% certain there must be some kind of mixing unit between the control rods on the floor and the swashplate. I'll have a look if I can recognise anything on the hawk.

Hi Seaking.

Thanks. The closer to the swash plate is best photowise. I do have your photos but I can't see how it links..

Oliver

Oliver,

Have a look here, page 4: MH60 schematic pdf

Also, this photo might help a bit: http://s629.photobucket.com/user/mv2379/media/UH-60m%20schematics/uh-60m4.jpg.html

Based on the photos I see, the mixing unit is practically the same as the one on the 92. We're doing a 250 hr check on the aircraft so I'll try to have a good look for you.

Oliver, on the pic below, take a close look at what is in green. The 3 links you see sticking up in the air are the links that the swashplate sets on.

powertrain_zps0wotriql.jpg

Let me know if it helps!

Tim

Tim

I have been using that drawing you posted a lot. How are the 3 greens links connected to the rods coming from cockpit floor below ..thats why i am trying to find out.

Try this pic again:

S76-12_zpslfhbfnac.jpg

You need to look at the links marked forward servo, aft servo and lateral servo. It shows you how they are connected.

Hope this helps!

Above photo from Sikorsky archives.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench