Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

It's been a along, looong build.

Oliver, is there any chance any area of this stunner to be filled with paint in nearest future? :)/>/>

Great job, as always!

Cheers!

Alexander

Hi Alex,

the first things to be painted hopefully soon will be the engine and the areas around it. I just got a great photo of the avionics bay in the nose from a Knighthawk pilot. I am debating if I open up the nose or not.

I also started on the aircraft carrier deck detailing, I have also order a deck tractor from Special ops model for the dio. Things are moving slowly since work has been busy. I have 3 weeks off coming up and I am planning to get a lot done.

Oliver

received_10201620849678928_zps5vunihsz.jpeg

Edited by Rotorman

Hi Alex,

....the first things to be painted hopefully soon will be the engine and the areas around it. I just got a great photo of the avionics bay in the nose from a Knighthawk pilot. I am debating if I open up the nose or not.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Why not making the nose open? After all you did lots of areas to be open so it could make sense if you do all what is hidden within the muzzle area up to the tiniest part. :)/>/>

Maybe the area would be an icing on the cake? ;)/>/>

We actually are not to hurry you up but we, who beyond their 50's, are getting older so fast. LOL

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

I am debating if I open up the nose or not.

Go for it Oliver!!! keep those "lines" for another Hawk! ;) don't listen to those telling you to keep them lines!!! B), and in all seriousness, since it's gonna be a dio, a great one.....just do it and add another detailed bay!

Alexander is right! we're not getting younger here!! (j/k)

...I just got a great photo of the avionics bay in the nose from a Knighthawk pilot. I am debating if I open up the nose or not...

Take the plunge my friend!

You definitely have the skill set to pull it off!

-Ramon

Edited by anvil6

I just picked this kit up yesterday and have flipped through your build. Awesome work with the Evergreen :thumbsup: ! Crazy amount of detail. I intend to do mine pretty much OOB but was wondering where you're getting all the reference material from? I can't seem to find any decent books on the MH-60S and so far the internet hasn't yielded that many stellar reference shots.

Again, great stuff and I will be following along.

:cheers:

Don.

I just picked this kit up yesterday and have flipped through your build. Awesome work with the Evergreen :thumbsup:/>/> ! Crazy amount of detail. I intend to do mine pretty much OOB but was wondering where you're getting all the reference material from? I can't seem to find any decent books on the MH-60S and so far the internet hasn't yielded that many stellar reference shots.

Again, great stuff and I will be following along.

:cheers:/>/>

Don.

Hi Don,

happy to hear there is another great MH60s in the making, i am looking forward to see your build. I agree its pretty slim on material on the internet. I was lucky enough to hook up with a MH60s pilot so I get photos from him from time to time. There are several modelers here that have access to great photos of the hawk, some of them have crewed that helo. I am sure will get a lot of help here myself included. Good luck with your build.

Oliver

This book is a start. It has several photos of Seahawks.

20160326_124501_zpsizszazfa.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

Oliver,

Stunning update, amazed by the amount of detail you're able to put in. If you need any photos of the front bay, you know how to reach me ;)/>/>

Hi Seaking,

I can always count on you for ref photos. Thanks. BTW your F.16 is looking amazing.