Academy MH 60 S Helicopter 1/35 scale/

Looking for any photos or drawings of the open compartments under pilots seats.

Thanks for the help.

I have several pictures of the compartment under the seats. Unfortunately I can't remember where I got them from (Probably a Google search), because of that I won't post but will send by email.

Chris

Richard, don't take my and others comments as bashing Oliver and his builds. He does great work. We are only providing information for all who read the posts on accuracy and actual helos. Like you say, it is just a model and he or anyone else can build it how they like. Some of us see our models as miniatures of actual aircraft and try to build them as accurate as possible as a tribute to those who fly them and operate out of them. As such, we provide info on the forums for others who wish to do the same. No one is demanding Oliver or anyone else changes their models based on this info, we are just putting it out there for anyone who wants to use it. Everyone builds for different reasons and to differing levels of accuracy. To each their own.

No im not taking this as thrashing his builds HeavyArty in any way. i believe in accuracy when we create a model of a airplane or a helo. II just wanted him to know that the work that he puts in a model is fantastic and i wish i had the patience and the skills. I just wanted him to know that it is only a model, that is all. No offense to you as well.

Now talking about accuracy. What is a Trans drip pan and does every helo have it? I never did a model of a helo before but I ordered the Academy Black hawk in 1:35 scale, so I am not aware. Thank you guys.

Get the blackhawk book from Squadron. A lot of great photos for ref.

Glad to hear you are getting a Blackhawk for your first helo...Here for u if u need any help.

Oliver

All of the H-60 series have a transmission drip pan on the ceiling right under the transmission that the two engine prop shafts go into to combine their power and pass it to the main and tail rotor shafts. The drip pan is the grey square on the roof in the below picture.

Nose to the right.

UH-60A_44.jpg

The five circles on it are inspection ports to look up into the transmission compartment. The hoses coming off it are to drain away any excess transmission fluid that drips down onto the pan.

The Academy kit does not include this part. It is included in the Eduard Interior PE set or you can scratch it pretty easily out of sheet styrene. Here is a template of the cabin details that has the drip pan on it (lower left side).

UH-60-floor-35.jpg

Hope that helps.

Edited by HeavyArty

No Gino, the 3 access holed face forward. The single drain hose always faces the back. The 3 access holes are for the left and right input module chip detectors and the middle one is for the main transmission chip detector.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Doh, I knew that. It looked like it faced the rear in the pics. Now I see it though. I need to stop drinking so much wine w/dinner.

drinking-red-wine.gif

I stand (well sit anyways) corrected. I fixed the post.

Edited by HeavyArty

Thank you for answering my question HeavyArty. It seems that there is a LOT for me to learn about helicopters if I want to build them. I just got into building fighter jets, about five years ago but most of my knowledge came from my father who use to be a fighter pilot flying F-15 and F-16 in the air force. But helicopters, I have no idea about. But helos have always fascinated me. And yes Oliver, I will reach out to you and HeavyArty for specifics if I may. That is why I appreciate arc so much because everybody is always helpful and you guys have all the answers. Thank you guys very much. When I get my blackhawk (probably after christmas) I will post my wip and ask for a lot of help.

I just hate when the accuracy discussion gets in the way of an incredible build! sorry to get in the way of your discussion but I'm a big fan of beautyful things even if they are not accurate, we're all trying to find the balance between accuracy and beauty and then there's Oliver doing what he does!far beyond beautyful builds and accurate enough to admire without questions...

I think that any serious modeller looking for accuracy will know if this work is worth imitating, and beginners such as myself will not even try to do it!

I get heavyart's point and respect his opinion but come on, don't tell people not to cast this jewel just because is not accurate to the core!!

Great job as usual Oliver!

Sorry again, I'll get back to my silent corner......

I get heavyart's point and respect his opinion but come on, don't tell people not to cast this jewel just because is not accurate to the core!!

Sorry kike, but your statement still doesn't hold water. When pieces start getting cast and sold commercially, people think they are accurate, since that is the point of AM pieces. This roof is not only not accurate to the core, it is nowhere near accurate. I'm glad you like it, but it is all wrong and doesn't need to be on the market to propagate inaccuracy on a grand scale.

Oliver and I have had the accuracy discussion before and I know he doesn't really care about it. That's fine. But when you promote a totally fictional piece as accurate, then I have issues.

Not meant to "hold water", just kind of voicing my opinion, not trying to convince anyone either, just if someone wants to pay for something for us beginners (we are more BTW) could be a good thing....anyway let's not hijack Oliver's thread and let's move on....

P.S. I do understand your point and respect it, I just don't share it.

Thank you for answering my question HeavyArty. It seems that there is a LOT for me to learn about helicopters if I want to build them. I just got into building fighter jets, about five years ago but most of my knowledge came from my father who use to be a fighter pilot flying F-15 and F-16 in the air force. But helicopters, I have no idea about. But helos have always fascinated me. And yes Oliver, I will reach out to you and HeavyArty for specifics if I may. That is why I appreciate arc so much because everybody is always helpful and you guys have all the answers. Thank you guys very much. When I get my blackhawk (probably after christmas) I will post my wip and ask for a lot of help.

Richard ,

Dude ,your father is former F-15/ F-16 driver and you live in Las Vegas , right down the road from the second largest helicopter rescue unit in the US Air Force and you have helicopter questions? PM me and lets see if we cant get you out to the base and get some helo pics in the hanger during the Xmas holidays. The least we can achieve is introducing you to some of the MX troops and let you see a bird up close, but anyway it is up to you.

CC

Edited by ccrqw602002

Thanks cc I will pm you and take you up on your offer to go to the base and take some pictures if you will allow me too. All my life my father use to fly fighter planes so that was the only thing I have been into. But I started to get into doing models because I was into rc racing but they closed the carpet track at least 6 years ago and I sold all of my equipment and got into models. I have been living in vegas at least 20 years and I new that Nellis was the home of red flag but I didn't know they were the 2nd largest helicopter rescue unit. When I saw Oliver's huey that he did, the entire build process and the things that he could do with brass and styrene, that made me start helicopters. It was amazing. So I just ordered the academy black hawk and even though I can't do what Oliver does with his models, I hope that I can do the black hawk justice. I will pm you cc, but I don't want to hijack Olivers thread. Lol. Thank you by the way cc, I will pm you after christmas. And please press on Oliver, sorry.