Seriously, how to paint glossy white properly?

Or, as I found recently, just spray Krylon gloss white lacquer decanted from the rattle can. Thinned a bit with Tamiya lacquer thinner after the propellant has dissipated, you can keep spraying light coats in one session to get either a deep white coat or a good base for yellow as MoFo has indicated above. Trust me, it works.

Edited by chuck540z3
  • 2 weeks later...

To expand on this post, isn't yellow also hard to get good coverage?

J. Vanderlinde

yep, white and yellow use to be a major pain for me but all the tips posted in here will work for the yellow process as well.

I use to use MM enamel gloss white and hate it. I think the type of paint you spray says a lot. I always had problems with MM gloss white and now use tamiya flat and gloss white along with their yellow paints with zero problems. I know mr.color makes an awesome flat/gloss white. it seems gloss white enamels are just a pain. I will say thought, I still use the MM gloss white but rarely.

To expand even further... I think a lot of glossy paint is generally more translucent. I found spraying gloss red, blue, and even light grey (FS16440) would require me to spray as many as 5 layers before I could get good coverage.

Edited by Mike C