F-15C "Nellis Aggressor", 1/72, Academy with Afterburner Decal

Some aftermath of the Aggressor GB (started this build after the GB ended...)

This is the Academy kit, which I got quite cheap and the model had a perfect fit! Basically OOB, only added a pilot, an ACMI-pod and changed the Sidewinders: One kit Sidewinder was changed to look like an AIM-9X, and I added an AIM-9L from a Hobbyboss kit.

The colours may be a bit too bright, but I like it!

IMG_5047_zpsb50d7303.jpg

IMG_5045_zpsfdd8e2d8.jpg

IMG_5044_zps6166223d.jpg

Fortunately I didn´t ruin the bird on the final stages: Last time I had serious trouble with my Revell Acrylics matt coat, but this time I thinned it extremely when I brushpainted it and the "snow"-effect didn´t showed up. Yay!

IMG_5046_zps9ed47db4.jpg

IMG_5048_zps04d1c088.jpg

IMG_5049_zps02e1de2d.jpg

I hope you don't become to much aggressive!?? So much Aggressor birds... ;-)

Nice Eagle!!! I m curious when you will post the first airbrushed Model but so far your handpainting looks good! (Like I did years ago when I was busy modelling in the 80ies, pocket money was too small to afford an airbrush set and my LHS only had Revell and Revell/ESCI kits).

Looks good! Glad you didn't have any issues with your clear coat this time. It looks like you may have found a solution that works for you. If not, I typically put a drop or two of Future in my flat clear; this has seemed to eliminate any "frosty" look to the flat clear coat.

John

Nice! The brush painting is perfect. It probably takes twice as much time masking that scheme for airbrushing as just painting it with a brush.

The pilot figures is a nice touch to the otherwise lifeless kit. I've got a couple of boxes with the Revell NATO pilots inmy stash, but never thought about using the pilots IN the aircraft. Hmm... I have to remember this on my next project.

Also, a nice collection of agressor aircraft. How about an F-21?

Thank you, guys!

The decals are from Afterburner Decals and went on very smooth and without any trouble.

Lancer, a F-21 would be nice! So far I´m only aware of the old Italeri-kit with raised panellines - or is there something else on the market?

HAJO