That is a gorgeous job, John! :thumbsup:

By watching yours, I learned quite a few things, that will make my NEXT variegated camo job better. For now, I will touch up some details I hadn't caught on my current 1/48 variegated build (black radomes on rear RHAWR antennae, glare shield colour different from the area around the combining glass, etc).

You've inspired me to do my 1/32 Italeri in this scheme.

BTW, I've been told a few times that it's not a bad thing to be a slow finisher and pay attention to detail... but that was back in my single days. :woot.gif:

ALF

Nice work John. I remember ALF mentioning to me about the paint fade and weathering around that vent on the top left side of the fuselage. You captured the effect very well.

Good job on your build. :thumbsup:

Mike

Hey Redindian,

Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it. I'm being pretty anal with this build and hope it shows in the completed kit.

Do you have an affiliation with 421 squadron? I've worked with a few maintainers over the years that served in the former West Germany and the father of a good friend of ours is an ex Starfighter pilot who flew with 421 Sq. on two separate tours. He has the distinction of ejecting out of 2 CF-104's over West Germany.

Cheers,

John

John, sorry, no affiliation, just became a German 421 Squadron fanboy back in the late 80's when Canadians transitioned from the 104 to the Hornet at CFB Baden-Soellingen. Spent many days watching the flying activities from near the base fence, as close as a civilian could get. I always liked the logo/spirit of that squadron.

Awesome build John, time and patience always pays-off. JUst the right amount of overspray on the camo, nice subtle paint touch-ups and weathering, nice play with the different color tones. You nailed it !

Can't wait for the next one !

:thumbsup:/>

John, sorry, no affiliation, just became a German 421 Squadron fanboy back in the late 80's when Canadians transitioned from the 104 to the Hornet at CFB Baden-Soellingen. Spent many days watching the flying activities from near the base fence, as close as a civilian could get. I always liked the logo/spirit of that squadron.

421 has quite the history. I'm in the process of planning the builds of the 2 CF-104's my friends dad ejected from. They'd make a good display along with the ejection seat D-Ring, safety system plaque that was presented to him after the ejections. He even has the C-2 seat stirrups mounted on plaques as well and they show burn marks from the seats' rocket motor.

Cheers,

John