My Daughter's Second Build - 1/76 Spitfire Diorama

The figures all had their big rectangle bases cut off and were glued down with either PVA or Cyano, using Lego blocks to hold them in place while the glue set.

pink_spit_049.jpg

The refuelling guy had a piece of copper wire cyanoed to his hands. He would go on the wing, about to stand to fill the fuselage tank. Unfortunately there were no suitable standing figures in the RAF ground crew set.

pink_spit_050.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force

The refueller took a bit of wire bending on my part to get the hose to sit right. Once it was as close as I could get, we glued and weighted him down to set, otherwise he may have ended up bobbing around on the end of the wire for ever more! 

pink_spit_053.jpg

Finally, a little over two years after starting, her diorama is complete. She's very proud of her achievements and I'm a very proud dad!

pink_spit_054.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force

Last three.

pink_spit_071.jpg

pink_spit_072.jpg

pink_spit_073.jpg

Our next joint build will be a "Snoopy Verses the Red Baron" wall hanging diorama, using Revell 1/72 Fokker DrI, a scratch built Snoopy and kennel, both flying out of a picture frame containing the ground, sky and clouds.

Edited by Army_Air_Force

...there is even one on a bicycle !

I don't think I would have attempted such a thing.

both you and your daughter are to be commended ; there are few young modelers these days , even fewer ones of the female gender.

:thumbsup: