SU-27 SMK Flanker 1:48

Hi guys,

This is my latest build, a SU-27 SMK 1:48

I've been dying to build this bird ever since i saw this paint scheme for the first time. This is an unmodified Academy SU-27 Flanker B with Begemot stencil data + Demo Flankers Decal Sheets

Feel free to comment

Thanks a lot !

9_zps15f2eda6.jpg

8_zps786c3126.jpg

5_zpsda89ee6a.jpg

4_zpsc7fb6031.jpg

18_zpse0ee6988.jpg

16_zpsb78439fa.jpg

14_zps7ff08dca.jpg

1_zps66a4acc6.jpg

6_zps579805b0.jpg

7_zps74a8f295.jpg

[

Edited by adrianosouza

Man - that is fantastic!! Awesome job on the masking and painting. Reminds me of the Japanese Aggressors - slap a red and white dot on the wings in place of a star and you'd almost have a JASDF aircraft (WIF)

Nicely weathered - not too much - just right!

thanks for sharing

MH

Looks amazing! Could you please tell us what was your masking technique?

Thanks a lot ! The trick in my case is that i used a 1mm masking tape to make the outlines(which is similar to Tamiya masking tape but with only 1mm width)

PI000000145291.jpg

I didn't even draw the outlines, i just applied the tape straight in the model while looking at a reference pic.

After painting i had to do a touch up here and there but it was ok for most of the camo

Lools nice SU! I doubt that it cockpit was painted in this color. Usually cockpits of family SU-27th was painted in grey color.

Yes, its the wrong color. When i found out about that it was already too late, :bandhead2: :bandhead2:

But that's ok i'm happy the result anyway :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot ! The trick in my case is that i used a 1mm masking tape to make the outlines(which is similar to Tamiya masking tape but with only 1mm width)

PI000000145291.jpg

I didn't even draw the outlines, i just applied the tape straight in the model while looking at a reference pic.

After painting i had to do a touch up here and there but it was ok for most of the camo

Wow, i am amazed by the camo. did you manage to take any progressive photographs.