EF-111 or F-111 or FB-111 anyone make one that's accurate

• 2 weeks later...

They had the tip pieces at Upper Heyford. never used them though.

There were more differences that just the additional span, the panels are different as well as the elongated flap and slat sections DET

I know, Electro...

They added another slat section and another flap section to the 70' span wings. They had 5 sections while the tactical versions had 4. But I've never noticed any other changes to the 70' wings. I know the plumbing for gas bags was different for most models.

The A and D were not plumbed for tanks.

The E and F could carry them only on the outer swiveling pylons and only with special adapters. The FB could carry six bags, though they usually didn't on the inner pylons due to carriage of nukes on those pylons. (B-43's when I was on alert with them.) And the FB pylons were a different design to all others used on the tactical versions, I believe for the gas bags they were almost always carrying.

DET1460

DET the E and F could carry tanks on the outer pylons without an adapter, while the inner pylons needed the "coke can" adapter fitting... In the later days at Lakenheath they did start to use tanks on both pylons after they learnt just how capable the F-111 was in ODS they started to develop the weapons loads and mission profiles for the F model especially

Verlinden lock on book.

the line drawings look pretty good to me, but it forms the middle page of the book (stapled) and Im not keen on removing it to make a scan

If you don´t mind you could scan without taking it out.....

I´m not that interested in the shape as much as the rivets and fasteners really.

It´s downright impossible to find a drawing showing them :/

I´d be forever grateful :D

I have an Italeri F-111F in my stash, with some aftermarket and I just can't wait to get started (After seeing Aigore's Vark).

I would be more than grateful for those scans Aigore asked for, if it's not a problem...

IMG_20141020_131144.jpg

cheers,

Vasko

Vesthepes,

I'm looking forward to following your build. After reading through this thread, I wasn't to sure if anyone was going to attempt to build any of the current 1/48 scale F-111's.

Personally, I really enjoyed following Janne's build, and still don't no how accurate the model is, but it sure looks like a F-111 to me, built to his high standards.

Joel

Thanks Joel for the words of courage and of course to all of you who contributed to this interesting thread.

I am aware (like you even much more after reading this) of all those issues regarding the kit. There are some things that just can't be fixed and I won't let it turn me down, I see it as an excellent ref for the build. My priority is a neatly finished model, ... of course most of us tend to correct the most obvious stuff...

Aigore set the standard pretty high, thanks to him there's also a WIP thread I can help with. I'm still thinking of buying some literature on the subject before I start...

vesthepes,

Certainly additional reference material is always a plus. Janne's WIP should answer nearly all your build questions, and the odds are he'll be following your build as well. Just don't wait too long to get started.

Joel

Yes, it's Academy plastic, but the Pave Tack pod is missing for the F version, so a Verlinden set is a must. All this aftermarket I got is pretty old, Eduard doesn't produce anything for the Academy/italeri Vark anymore, just HB...

Xtraparts were made by Paragon designs and not been on the market for a long time now right?

correct. Wish I could still get those F-111F exhausts ... :(

I am almost done my Raven, then F-111F next.

14ioeg7.jpg

Edited by Benner