today's update is to show that the model have had its first clear coat... (gloss alclad prior to decals...)

all the decals are now on the model (sixty-some stencils..numbers and stars (all decals are Begemot, stencils and markings)) ...and have been clear coated again!

so, here it is:

DSCN7851_zps141b8fb2.jpg

DSCN7853_zpsf447693f.jpg

DSCN7854_zps13f5ea10.jpg

DSCN7856_zpsa1f7e04d.jpg

DSCN7857_zps51bf16ae.jpg

DSCN7858_zps72af0aea.jpg

even if it's not obvious, i've flatten a little the glossy finish (it looks better that way (in "person" at least)

i've try to put a little wash... but it didn't stick well over the glossy finish (before i have added some flat clear coat) ...maybe i'll try again in a couple of days... but only in few areas as for some area it's already enough...

DSCN7894_zps0f590516.jpg

DSCN7895_zpsc9e59b46.jpg

DSCN7897_zps013ad6ae.jpg

DSCN7899_zpsbf6cf2bf.jpg

DSCN7904_zpsfbb44368.jpg

DSCN7905_zps52387aad.jpg

DSCN7908_zpsac9d79ad.jpg

DSCN7914_zps890fd948.jpg

The best Black base cote to use is Tamiya TS-14 from the spray can, great paint and flawless results.

Also to mask off panel lines I like to use Parafilm M, easy to apply and just cut with a small curved blade, you can run the blade down a panel line for the perfect cut, and no worries about pulling up any paint as it's a non adhesive.

Curt

Parafilm can be amazing stuff. It's what I usually it for canopies and complex masks, especially when I'm trying to trace around panel lines.

When I cut Parafilm, I usually use a new #11 blade. I assume you're talking about the #10 blade. What are the benefits of it?

Edited by David N Lombard

i'll surely give a try to Parafilm M stuff in the mid-term future, looks like really good stuff! thanks Netz to make me aware of the existence of this stuff (that seems to have some amazing property)

and also, thank you Ron for your kind comments70.gif ...the kit is not exactly accurate in many ways... but looks OK nonetheless, and one can build an outstanding display model from that kit. also, the fit is, most of the time (but not always) very good.

accuracy wize, i'd give that kit a 70% note. builder-frendly wize, i'ds give that kit a 80% note. and i have enjoyed most of the building process.

at last, my first for this group build is completed!yahoo.gif...in less than a month!

i've had to remove the canopy after removing the masks as the interior of the clear part turns foggy... i've remove it the most carefully that i've could, then, give a little shot of polishing compound with microfibre cloth.

and for now, i haven't glued it back yet...and not sure if i will, as it stick at its place.

i've taken some photos of the finished model outside... even if it was not a sunny day, it'll give a good idea of what the model looks like.DSCN7953_zps3abbb052.jpg

DSCN7954_zps22fa7012.jpg

DSCN7955_zps8c5817d8.jpg

DSCN7956_zpsef6ae762.jpgDSCN7957_zps710a2705.jpg

some more...

the very tiny Master metal static dischagers give a nice detail "touch" to the model... but those are often bend when manipulating the model... handle with care! (it bends often...but never broke yet!)

DSCN7959_zps3e6f420e.jpg

DSCN7960_zps347d45dc.jpg

DSCN7961_zpsacc1df0b.jpg

DSCN7962_zps71057750.jpg

DSCN7963_zpsb79c3457.jpg

DSCN7965_zps470f8cd9.jpg

DSCN7984_zps1d2d5c53.jpg

DSCN7985_zps2d6a7798.jpg

DSCN7986_zps2a750e10.jpg

DSCN7987_zps6f61dfc0.jpg

DSCN7988_zpsf0028e5e.jpg

and that's all for today!

hope you have enjoy it!! and spend a good time!

you comments, are, as always, welcome and appreciated!

thanks for looking!

and have a great modeling time!

greetings

Simon

Très beau, Simon!

I like the Alclad job, with the extra touches for realism. That medical tape is available at Pharmaprix: look for Life brand Foam Tape (Ruban en mousse); it's the same stuff essentially as the 3M tape in your thread.

ALF

Très beau, Simon!

I like the Alclad job, with the extra touches for realism. That medical tape is available at Pharmaprix: look for Life brand Foam Tape (Ruban en mousse); it's the same stuff essentially as the 3M tape in your thread.

ALF

• 3 weeks later...

Parafilm can be amazing stuff. It's what I usually it for canopies and complex masks, especially when I'm trying to trace around panel lines.

When I cut Parafilm, I usually use a new #11 blade. I assume you're talking about the #10 blade. What are the benefits of it?

A little late, but the curved blades do not snag while cutting the Para Film.

Curt