Now this is what I call glossy...

was this just before the explosion? filling with O2, performing maintenance (or maybe they are arming up the guns) and fuelling at the same time= major no no these days.

but yes very shiny

Edited by dylan

was this just before the explosion? filling with O2, performing maintenance (or maybe they are arming up the guns) and fuelling at the same time= major no no these days.

but yes very shiny

Yeah, this is a QA nightmare!!! :woot.gif: :woot.gif: :woot.gif:

How come the reflection doesn't appear mirrored? hmmm.gif

Something seems off to my eye.

Cool picture though.

-Gregg

More like something's off with your eyes.:whistle:/>

Look closely and on top of the intake reflection you'll see the mirrored ladder and clearly the mirrored 'white' patch too.

Edited by Inquisitor

If you look along the rays of light from your eyeballs to the reflected object, you'll understand why and when things are reversed and when they're not. A simple curved surface is like a classic "fun-house" mirror that makes you short or thin, tall or fat.

but yes very shiny

In those halcyon days, they were probably puffing on a Woodbine too!

It is a great photo; many thanks Jennings! And living proof of the old Services maxim "...if it moves, salute it; if it stands still, paint it white; if it's already painted, POLISH THE BASTARD RAW!!!" :coolio:

The thing that most strikes me about the Javelin is that it was a very THICK airplane. That wing thickness looks like that on a B-52! :woot.gif:/>

I worked with an F-84 pilot who flew out of England. His only comment on the Javelin was that all that wing came into play at altitude, if they ever got above the F-84 then the fight went to the Javelin.