F-15 Crash in Lincolnshire,England

Happened at 15.30hrs local time,pilot banged out OK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-29544064

A US military aircraft has crashed in a field near houses and a school in Lincolnshire.

Witnesses saw the F-15 come down in a field near Broadgate, Weston Hills, at about 15:30 BST.

The pilot is believed to have ejected from the aircraft and police say he has been located and is safe.

Nearby Weston Hills Church of England Primary School has been evacuated but a member of staff said everyone at the school was fine.

Interestingly, the Beeb had a photo of this exact aircraft (86-0182) in the body of their story online. That may be a first!

weird eh! no one took the time to look at the crash picture and see that the tail number was the same.

Glad the pilot is safe.

Julien

weird eh! no one took the time to look at the crash picture and see that the tail number was the same.

Glad the pilot is safe.

Julien

Hi Julien, that was my thoughts as well when I looked at the pic. I only photographed '182 last Friday, when it was out alongside the other D model assigned to the 493rd FS - 84-0044. It's rare to see both D models operating at the same time.

86-0182 last Friday whilst waiting in vain for the Hornets. This was the last C/D model produced for the USAF.

15457394526_f254fcf8cb_o.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Two F-15's down within a short period. Not good...

I'm glad the pilot got out safely and no one was hurt on the ground.

I'm interested in getting more details on the cause of this (and that last crash in WV).

Hi,

I've been catching up on the UK enthusiast forums and as I thought was probably the case somebody had this flight on the radio as it happened. Read the thread below, espically the overheard comms from 'Das'. Whatever the cause, it suggests it wasn't sudden if he rode the jet down until the last moment.

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=105072&start=40

Gary

Hi,

I've been catching up on the UK enthusiast forums and as I thought was probably the case somebody had this flight on the radio as it happened. Read the thread below, espically the overheard comms from 'Das'. Whatever the cause, it suggests it wasn't sudden if he rode the jet down until the last moment.

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=105072&start=40

Gary

I hate forums that require you to register just to read the content. Sounds like a useful forum though, so I'll register when I get home. Thanks for the link!

I hate forums that require you to register just to read the content. Sounds like a useful forum though, so I'll register when I get home. Thanks for the link!

Sorry I forgot, that's the only section of the Fighter Control board that requires you to have a active account to read. All the other sections can be read as a guest. I won't copy it and paste as I don't know the guy who posted it. The basics are that the pilot was talking to his wingman all the way down, until his comms were lost at two thousand feet (presumably when he banged out) and after that his wingman called it in that the jet was down and that he had a good chute.

Gary