1/48 Tornado Gr.1, Revell wip

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Here are few progress pic on the wheel bay. Still a lot of work to do, this is base work for wireing. I hope I'll have some new pictures soon, knowing myself If I stop now I won't be coming back to it :) Cheers and thanks for watching. Marko

1_tornado_revell.jpg

2_tornado_revell.jpg

3_tornado_revell.jpg

4_tornado_revell.jpg

5_tornado_revell.jpg

6_tornado_revell.jpg

7_tornado_revell.jpg

8_tornado_revell.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thank you for doing all the detail in the wheel bays, as this has triggered the old modelers murphys law that once someone goes to this level of work and dedication that a resin set will be released so a slacker like me can plug it in and go (CMK wheel bays imminent). Great fun to watch, nice job

It's a really nice kit and you're doing a great job on it.

You're a bit further ahead than I've gotten so far.

One thing I've noticed on other builds may be worth mentioning, and that is watch out when mating the upper and mid and forward sections.

There seems to be some potential if done incorrectly to mess up the fore and aft smooth downward curve that the upper edge of the air intakes should have.

Most of the online builds I've seen seem to be a bit of a bodged job in that one area.

Not sure why yet but suspect it's a misalignment, with the top of the intake moulded the way it is making it dependent on the lower mid section and any

mistakes made there.

As the intake top curve is a 'tell' between the prototype and production versions, a lot of the builds I've seen seem to end up with some half-way and neither result.

Edited by chek