GB Proposal: Shelf Queens!

How about it?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Want to finish the kits you once loved?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been away for a while and missed all the rules and everything. Does this build include kits that were started and put back in the box? And if so what percentage done is allowed. I have an Italeri A-20 that I lost interest in after starting the cockpit and messing a few things up. I have a few others that have been collecting dust that have never been opened, so I have options:)

I found a Tamiya Sherman, Academy Tiger, Dragon T-72/M84 all 1/35 that have been languishing far too long. The Sherman since Christmas 2012...the Tiger for a DECADE (some small parts missing)...and the Dragon M84/T72 since I can't remember when :unsure:/> . All started and sadly not far from the painting stage. They need to be completed :crying2:/> .

Edited by Don

I have an old MPC R2-D2 that has been languishing in his box for about 2 years. That's probably my best option for this GB. I have others, but the reason they're not finished is due to lack of place to put them when done. I'd love to finish my TOS USS Enterprise I started in 2012 but when it's done, it would have no place to go.

I have a 1/48th B-17 that I was building and scratch building the heck out of for the Flying Fortress GB years ago. It got to be too time consuming considering my schedule, so I think I am going to break it out and finish it as is. Ten other problem is I have no place to really put it, it's too wide to fit on any of my shelfs. Maybe I'll give it to a local museum. I have a few kits I was all excited about, bought, and never started, so maybe I'll build one of them next, maybe the Dark Shark.

Edited by rightwinger26
  • 2 weeks later...

Neo: Completely agree, no problem with any delays, for any of the GBs!

CorsairMan: By "the Shelf Queen", do you mean there's only one? :blink: My question is: which of those 5 do I want to face again?

Where do I start. I've got to have at least 40 hanger queens. More if I include armour. Some of these haven't been touched in over a decade. It will be fun just to see how many I actually have. I think I have a squadron of stalled 1:48 P-40's. I started when the Hasegawa P-40E was first released. How long ago was that?