New tool Jag GR-1 from Revell.

Interesting as the word going around was its new tool.

Didnt know Revell was in the business of reboxing Airfix kits love to hear of example of one.

Heller never released the Gr-1.

Oh its also listed as a GR-1/3 none has ever released a 3..

Edited by dehowie

Interesting comment. Both kits were designed by the same person...

I guess everyone has bad weeks.

The 219 has more inaccuracies than any Trumpeter release in the last ten years.

Fuselage..nacelles..cowls..landing gear..props..canopy.

Doesn't leave much out.

Airfix re-released their 1:48 Jaguar as a GR1/3 as the basic GR1 kit with additional bits to make it a GR3 a few years ago. Got one in the stash somewhere.

By all accounts, Hornby, the owners of Airfix, are not in the best financial state so perhaps a deal with Revell helps the cash flow situation.

Darius

By all accounts, Hornby, the owners of Airfix, are not in the best financial state so perhaps a deal with Revell helps the cash flow situation.

Darius

What? But those new Airfix kits sell pretty well, don't they? :(

Edited by RKic

Interesting as the word going around was its new tool.

Didnt know Revell was in the business of reboxing Airfix kits love to hear of example of one.

Heller never released the Gr-1.

Actually, Heller DID release the Airfix kit as a GR1/3, and I know this to be true as I'm building one right now ! Sorry to be pedantic . . .I'll get me coat !

Actually, Heller DID release the Airfix kit as a GR1/3, and I know this to be true as I'm building one right now ! Sorry to be pedantic . . .I'll get me coat !

They did indeedy...Cuz I built one from the kit,granted iirc it was released as a French AF aircraft & the were no RAF specific decals in the kit,the parts were all in there & the was decals for Indian AF jets.The kit was basically an Airfix re-box but with a extra sprue inside to build the French one.

Had it confirmed direct by Airfix that this is a Heller/Revell deal, Hornby/Airfix have no involvement, and the actual tooling has not been sold to Revell.

But the Heller kit is basically a re-box of the Airfix kit,so in reallity it IS a reboxed Airfix kit,involvement or not,since Heller 'owned' all of Arfix's moulds & when they themselves collapsed in July/Sept 2006,which caused Aifix to go under until Hornby bought them in late 2006.

But the Heller kit is basically a re-box of the Airfix kit,so in reallity it IS a reboxed Airfix kit,involvement or not,since Heller 'owned' all of Arfix's moulds & when they themselves collapsed in July/Sept 2006,which caused Aifix to go under until Hornby bought them in late 2006.

No, Heller did not own the Airfix moulds (Humbrol owned Heller) and this Revell/Heller deal is apparently nothing to do with Hornby, and Revell have not "bought" the tooling either, mostly these things are poly bag deals.

Everyone write that down, there will be a test later before another uniformed rumour gets passed around as fact.

I didn't say it wasn't a rebox of the Airfix/Heller kit, just that the current deal to supply the kits to be re-boxed by Revell is a Heller arrangement, (who currently have the Jaguar in their catalogue). Hornby/Airfix have no involvement, financial or otherwise and the tool hasn't been sold, so therefore nothing should be read into the financial status of Hornby as a result. Just trying to clear that up ;).