1:72 Transformers Starscream F-22

This is the F-22 version Starscream which showed up in the movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I found lots of toy of this Starscream but not many models, therefore I decided to build one. I used Italeri 1:72 F/A-22 kit, also added a pilot and some PEs. It wasn’t easy to assembly the fuselage due to the poor fitting, needed lots of effect to make everything fit. The most challenge was masking the tattoos. It took me 20 hours for masking and less than an hour to remove all of them, but I think it was worth. Anyway, thanks for your watching.

Work in progress : http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=258169&st=0

15334406657_8afc429062_o.jpg

15334255030_661c456edf_o.jpg

15497822626_56eba68699_o.jpg

15517829691_06dd728c35_o.jpg

15334406607_5bc0540eae_o.jpg

15497821316_29846d7b1e_o.jpg

15520606082_34109c9848_o.jpg

15517828091_2a52c7e65d_o.jpg

15334252280_538d7911c7_o.jpg

15334091729_8d996f684b_o.jpg

words are failing me at the moment - I'm so glad you took more shots. I absolutely LOVE this build!! I would be so proud to have that sitting on my shelf.

Did you have some kind of template to use while making the masks or is that straight off the screen and onto the jet? If it's the latter - man - you will be my new masking idol :woot.gif:

It's a shame in a way you didn't make them into decals - that would just be the best. But I'm glad you didn't too, because the painted on look is way better than the decaled on look. There is an obvious difference when you see it. Also good you didn't because then, you have a one of a kind jet that you know no one else has - at least, one that isn't a toy!

The weathering is perfect too - I love that dirty and used look without being OTT.

Can't wait to see what you'll do next

MH

Hi everyone, thanks for your kind comments.

words are failing me at the moment - I'm so glad you took more shots. I absolutely LOVE this build!! I would be so proud to have that sitting on my shelf.

Did you have some kind of template to use while making the masks or is that straight off the screen and onto the jet? If it's the latter - man - you will be my new masking idol :woot.gif:/>/>/>/>/>/>

It's a shame in a way you didn't make them into decals - that would just be the best. But I'm glad you didn't too, because the painted on look is way better than the decaled on look. There is an obvious difference when you see it. Also good you didn't because then, you have a one of a kind jet that you know no one else has - at least, one that isn't a toy!

The weathering is perfect too - I love that dirty and used look without being OTT.

Can't wait to see what you'll do next

MH

Thank you, MH.

I had the tattoos from a Tomytec 1:144 Starscream. Printed the tattoos to appropriate size on papers as the templates. Put the templates on masking tapes and cut the shapes. Then measured the positions very carefully by divider and did the masking. That is what I had done.

I was thinking to make a decals set for the Starscream. But each brand of F-22 is different. The tattoos don’t like most of decals sets, the tattoos have full of connected images on most of fuselage. The wide of wing from each brand is different, then the decals set might not be good for each brand. Also I don’t want to have copyright issues with the decals set if someone wants to buy or sell. So I picked the stupid way to mask the tattoos, just needed lots of time. And this is the only one. :D

Edited by Anzo

O.............M...............G...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are simply not enough superlatives to describe such a work of art!!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

O.............M...............G...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are simply not enough superlatives to describe such a work of art!!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I agree 150%...a very true statement

I 'm speechless :jaw-dropping:/>

Outstanding F-22.

I could not believe that you have the pattern painted , but I've seen the pictures in the WIP .

You are a master of masking. :thumbsup:/>

:clap2:/> :clap2:/> :clap2:/>

:wave:/> Dieter

• 1 year later...