1z4l4c4.jpg

Will use the Lockheed C-2 seat since it will be an early F-104G in natural metal. Resin cokpit is from Black Box.

As you can see the F-104s had no floor in the cokpit, that way seat could be removed from the bottom.

n4gz6h.jpg

Niels, since you are here, can you please help me with the colour of the deck on the back of the seat, I'm building K-FN, deck looks dark in photos but can't really tell if black or dark olive drab, thanks!

I also notice that fiber glass panels were lighter shade on Norwegian G, not the dark yellow seen on other air forces, can you confirm this?

Edited by Paolo Maglio

abqw53.jpg

2z3rii8.jpg

during the weekend I was able to close the fuselage without any gaps and after sanding a bit the spine I starte srying some base coats to prepare the model for the metallic paints.

I choose to use different kind of paint, some glossy, some flat, some light some darker, to try to achive different metallic shades later.

hu53z8.jpg

when possible I used old Eduard's masks Laser-cut from Vinil, these were less adjustable than current Kabuki -mad ones, but could be used several times without any damage.

148od40.jpg

Wings top got a coat of Mr. Colour white, my favorite. No glue is required to attach the wing to fuselage, they stay in position strongly alone.

nlelqb.jpg

Gunze's Aircraft Gray for the lower part of the wings looks too much yellowish for my personal taste, will probably change this with something more bluishò

Edited by Paolo Maglio

Since I was unappy with the shade of Gunze's Aircraft Gray I choose to lightly respy those panel with a light coat of JASDF light gray

30aqo1z.jpg

the anti-glare panel come from the DACO decals for the Luftwaffe, same for all the few stencils, just mind to use only those written in English for the early 104s

15ecqoh.jpg

in the background of these photo you can see the airframe I'm building, photo i published in Jan Jorgensen's book, Nordic Airpower about RNoAF

20tgwol.jpg

here again a nice touch of details from DACO decals: the black holes for the grill!

1z161e9.jpg

The lower part of the wings also got the JASDF light gray, unfortunately the Norwegian roundels from Army Cast have a too light blue shade but there is nothing I can do about it and I have no replacement from better producers :explode:

af7cw8.jpg

Top of wing view with fuel tank attached with white glue

kej2wx.jpg

the red stencils you see in the photo here below come from the old Revell F-104 box

152gu47.jpg

To be finished next weekend!

15499h1.jpg

I think I can call her finished now, will probably just add some RBF banners (ordered from CMK) and (maybe) red covers for the air intakes to add some colour.

I'm not 100% avbout the caps for wing-tip the fuel tanks, ave no photo of this detail for Norwegians :bandhead2:/>, so I just cut 4 red circle and put them over the caps but I can remove at any time if something more appropiate is needed, any idea? Niels or someone else know more? TIA

w6ujxk.jpg

2ihnpef.jpg

Edited by Paolo Maglio

I had some troubles with the very nice Chorme by Mr. Colour (laquer): it was actually completely "eaten" by Micro Sol and Set (don't you know acid eats metal? :explode: ) during decalling sessions! :crying2:

So I masked the area around the rear fuselage with low-sticky paper and had to re-spry the chome.

This time I added 10% aluminium to the Chrome paint, I loose some shining but I guest I made it stronger and it will last forever this time (no more acid due on model! :whistle: ):

2nsp6ht.jpg

here some details of front fuselage and cockpit

2la3p5e.jpg

nd3i8p.jpg

Excellent work! I'm always in awe of a BMF finish, as you really need to spend time on tonal variations.

I see you did some heat discoloration too. That's a skill I also need to learn some day; probably before I do BMF airframe...

Well, Paolo, Italians really know how to make goooood acid....red and white wine vinegar! I like that stuff...giving the boring dutch salad the kick, together with olive oil! So no wonder...your acid is strong! hehe

I just can say that I used Gunze Metalizer too and it gave me several problems when I made a Mirage III some years ago. Especially masking is tricky. That's why I prefer the Alclad II. Sometimes the good old Humbrol metal paints you can polish...

also very good!

BUT I have to say, your Zipper looks great!! I see, one day I have to visit you to see all your jawdropping models in real! Hehe

Ciao, buona domenica!

Great work Paolo! Great to see a NMF RNoAF Zipper!

I checked my reference photos and it looks like the caps on the wing tanks were a darker color. My pictures are all b/w, so i can see what color it is though. (i only looked at the NMF code letters RNoAFs).