The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming!

It is odd though because from what I can understand and remember and am told about the cold war those "rational people" were always one button press away from ending the world...? but I guess we forgot that part? Whats even more odd is I actually do subscribe to the fact that both sides were smart enough to avoid nuclear war at all costs even if there was a limited fight, but there are still people who will tell you the world was on a hair trigger and these rational people would end it all the second they were provoked.

Say what you want about the USSR during the cold war, they still managed to avoid pushing the button. Last I checked, New York City got through the cold war unscathed, wish the same could be said about how it faired post-cold war.

Say what you want about the USSR during the cold war, they still managed to avoid pushing the button. Last I checked, New York City got through the cold war unscathed, wish the same could be said about how it faired post-cold war.

Song-Jieun.gif

I'm cool with this-- it doesn't make sense-- but it promotes my world view so im sweet.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Having lived under a Soviet backed government, and in a capitalist society, I can tell you that no matter how crooked and terrible things get when big business and government are in bed together, it's not nearly as bad as when the generals and The Party are in charge.

Having lived under a Soviet backed government, and in a capitalist society, I can tell you that no matter how crooked and terrible things get when big business and government are in bed together, it's not nearly as bad as when the generals and The Party are in charge.

You and Les should talk. It would be an interesting little convo. You can share your experiences, and he can tell you your first hand accounts are wrong.

Yes, Norwegians conducting "NYATO" exercises... Agree with STEN8, WHERE is Whitaker Walt

When you need him??!! He and " I ye sun" would fix this dilemma for sure!!

http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/262590.jpg

serious brah

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

You and Les should talk. It would be an interesting little convo. You can share your experiences, and he can tell you your first hand accounts are wrong.

http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/262590.jpg

serious brah

WTF is your problem?

Instead of chirping idiotic comments, how about reading what I said and think a bit before you reply.

My previous post never defended Russia today nor the USSR yesterday. I merely noted that the Russians are not coming but they sure the Hell see NATO sitting now at their door step.

Putin is as much a Commie as you are. He is as self-centered and cronyistic as most any politician the west including those in the USA.

This gibberish that he is creating havoc on Ukraine is B.S. spread by first the US State dept. Type in VICTORIA NULAND on a search BUB! and see how she really was behind the coup in Ukraine, aided by the IMF and certain EU nations.

So instead of being an a** with a**hole comments towards me. GO DO SOME REAL LEARNING!

My previous post never sided with Putin, and his Russia nor did I the Chinese. But the 21st. century will be very different than the 20th. and that includes it moving from unpipolar US centric one as it has been over the last 20 odd years to a multipolar one (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT!) and YOU CAN LIKE OR LUMP IT, BUT THIS WILL LIKELY BECOME FACT. The better all the global powers deal with this changing paradigm, the better things may turn out for all.

But if you just keep chirping at my posts like an immature twit then you can KISS MY A**!

I'm getting rather tired of your $hit and idiocy here! GROW THE F**K UP!

folks in Taiwan and Tibet will surely be elated to know they won't have to ever worry about China, and we already know that the folks in Ukraine are just aching to rejoin the Russian Federation.

Good lesson on world events

gary

The Ukrainians in the east want to join and voted too join Russia before the Ukrainian army began to attack them late spring. So what's new? As for Tawian it has always had a tedious relationship with Mainland China. Tibet has long time 20th century history too. What does any of that have to do with my previous post?

I only noted that the world is changing and there shall be more than one dominant power as this century passes by. It does not matter if you, me or any other here do not like it or what have you, but you better get use to the concept of it all. Living in the past, circa late 20th. century wont help you.

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

WTF is your problem?

Instead of chirping idiotic comments, how about reading what I said and think a bit before you reply.

My previous post never defended Russia today nor the USSR yesterday. I merely noted that the Russians are not coming but they sure the Hell see NATO sitting now at their door step.

Putin is as much a Commie as you are. He is as self-centered and cronyistic as most any politician the west including those in the USA.

This gibberish that he is creating havoc on Ukraine is B.S. spread by first the US State dept. Type in VICTORIA NULAND on a search BUB! and see how she really was behind the coup in Ukraine, aided by the IMF and certain EU nations.

So instead of being an a** with a**hole comments towards me. GO DO SOME REAL LEARNING!

My previous post never sided with Putin, and his Russia nor did I the Chinese. But the 21st. century will be very different than the 20th. and that includes it moving from unpipolar US centric one as it has been over the last 20 odd years to a multipolar one (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT!) and YOU CAN LIKE OR LUMP IT, BUT THIS WILL LIKELY BECOME FACT. The better all the global powers deal with this changing paradigm, the better things may turn out for all.

But if you just keep chirping at my posts like an immature twit then you can KISS MY A**!

I'm getting rather tired of your $hit and idiocy here! GROW THE F**K UP!

Reported. :thumbsup: