New Tool Revell 1/32 Scale Fw 190 F-8 in March 2015

Hi guys

I was reading that it appears that Revell will be releasing a new tool 1/32 scale Fw 190 F-8 in March 2015. It will be interesting to see how this kit will compare to the existing Hasgawa kits and the upcoming Zoukei-**** kits. I would assume there will be other versions released as well.

Horrido!

Leo

Hi guys

I was reading that it appears that Revell will be releasing a new tool 1/32 scale Fw 190 F-8 in March 2015. It will be interesting to see how this kit will compare to the existing Hasgawa kits and the upcoming Zoukei-**** kits. I would assume there will be other versions released as well.

Horrido!

Leo

That's great news. I just hope Revell doesn't have a repeat of their Bf-109G-6, which, although generally considered to be accurate and reasonably priced, had some very poor parts breakdowns and missed a couple of very obvious details. And please Revell, spare us the molded on seatbelts!

The F-8 is a nice choice, lots of unique paint schemes for those Butcher Birds but personally, I would have loved to see them start with the long-nosed Dora.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Some new images of the Revell 1/32 scale Fw 190 F-8 have appeared: http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/testshots-gebaut-die-neue-focke-wulf-fw-190-f-8-von-revell-im-massstab-132/2014/ I have to say that the kit looks very nice from what can be seen and that I am quite surprised that it will include a complete engine as well which is a wonderful bonus. I do have to say that the gun cowl bulges appear to be rather exaggerated, though, much like the Hasegawa kit.

http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/testshots-gebaut-die-neue-focke-wulf-fw-190-f-8-von-revell-im-massstab-132/2014/

Horrido!

Leo

Hi guys

Some new images of the Revell 1/32 scale Fw 190 F-8 have appeared: http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/testshots-gebaut-die-neue-focke-wulf-fw-190-f-8-von-revell-im-massstab-132/2014/ I have to say that the kit looks very nice from what can be seen and that I am quite surprised that it will include a complete engine as well which is a wonderful bonus. I do have to say that the gun cowl bulges appear to be rather exaggerated, though, much like the Hasegawa kit.

http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/testshots-gebaut-die-neue-focke-wulf-fw-190-f-8-von-revell-im-massstab-132/2014/

Horrido!

Leo

Thanks for the link. Looks pretty nice, agree on the cowl bulges but I'm sure the finished product will be improved (hopefully but you never know w/ Revell). I'm also hoping that Revell provides a bit of a selection of underwing weapons besides what is shown (which I believe wasn't that commonly used). I'd have rather have seen a wide assortment of weapons vrs the full engine that, in most built up kits, will probably never be seen.

Thanks for the link. Looks pretty nice, agree on the cowl bulges but I'm sure the finished product will be improved (hopefully but you never know w/ Revell). I'm also hoping that Revell provides a bit of a selection of underwing weapons besides what is shown (which I believe wasn't that commonly used). I'd have rather have seen a wide assortment of weapons vrs the full engine that, in most built up kits, will probably never be seen.

Wow! And a wow again! That engine is a kit in itself! Looks really nice to my eyes. I'd like to have seen the clear parts spru. I agree that this airframe is a true weapons hog! The landing gear is fairly important with this beast, and you almost need two sets of main gear. The plane fully loaded verses an empty one.

Last night I looked thru dozens and dozens of A6 thru A9 photos, plus many F8 photos. It wasn't all that uncommon to see a slight miss alignment of the gun covers. I also saw what looked to me like two different styles and maybe even a third. All similar, but still just slightly different. But of course it could well have been camera angles and some distortion.

Any way I'm wanting to see a FW190G3 in the near future.

gary

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

New built-up photos posted now: http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Flugzeuge/Wiegmann/Rev_Fw190F-8_32/Rev_Fw190F-8_32.html I just wonder what will the price of this kit be in the USA?

Horrido!

Leo

I read somewhere that the guys at IPMS Sweden rate it right there with the AR196 kit! That'spretty high up on the ladder in my book.

gary