CD48075 - Mirage III/V Part 1

I will have a set for the new Kinetic Mirage IIIe shortly after the kit is available. I have some artwork drawn over the years, and will choose a few from them after modifying them to fit the Kinetic kit.

Edited by KursadA

I have drawn some Pakistani options as well; but I don't know what will be on the sheet yet. At any rate, this is going to be a competitive subject so I don't think I will reveal much until the decals come back from the printer.

I need some research help for this project- you know the drill, you help me with a tricky research problem; you get a free decal sheet(as quite a few of you did).

1-I need the text of this warning label that starts with "WARNING" seen on this RAAF Mirage IIIO, right above the "rescue" arrow.

mirage_q1.jpg

2-I need a clear picture of the stencil around the canopy jettison window on this camouflaged Swiss Mirage IIIRS. This photo is taken from an oblique angle; and I can't read most of the text.

Apparently this particular aircraft is sitting on a museum in Estonia, with intact stencilling. Unfortunately the marking was not interesting enough for the gentleman who took the walkaround photos. Note that there is about a bazillion high-resolution online photos of a former Swiss Air Force Mirage IIID (now apparently a Euro-plaything of some sort)-I don't think the stencilling on that example are authentic; so photos of that airframe won't be useful.

mirage_q2.jpg

Edited by KursadA

The first sheet will have at least 3-4 Australian options in it. I have always liked the orange ARDU scheme; so I am glad I finally had a chance to draw these markings.

mirageIIIo_draft1.jpg

Edited by KursadA

The first sheet will have at least 3-4 Australian options in it. I have always liked the orange ARDU scheme; so I am glad I finally had a chance to draw these markings.

That's a great scheme and on my to do list. I have an old sheet with these markings but I think they are in an ALPS style so I was worried about the quality. Now that you are planning on releasing this scheme I am a happy camper.

Edited by skyhawk174

How about doing the same scheme for the PAF as well?

Based on what I could see, it is the same twin-seater with PAF insignia and serial numbers. There will already be a set of PAF insignia on the first sheet as there will be some PAF options, so all I will need to add are the serial numbers (612) and the Urdu text (crew name?) in front of the cockpit.

WOOOOHOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. :

raaf3e_zps7682c22d.jpg

Edited by Petarvu

This is the newer Egyptian camouflage which will be one of the options on the sheet - this one has the Horus upgrade; but the scheme predates the Horus program and I will make sure the serial number I choose will allow you to build a pre-upgrade airframe in this scheme.

34njhoj.jpg

Edited by KursadA

scrubs_jdturk_flail.gif

:D

Seriously though, a couple of days ago I came across some images of those Egyptian [upgraded] Mirages and thought 'what a cool camo!' And since the Swiss MIII is one of my favorites anyway, I suppose there's no other choice for me than to get one sheet and hope its success will extremely soon prompt a 72nd scale edition for those High Planes/ PJ and (why not?!) Heller kits :pray: :)

• 1 year later...

This sheet is back on the drawing table, after I postponed it to prioritize the RAAF Mirage III sheet last year. I have just added a few Argentinian options, including two of the very colorful retirement schemes. There will be more twin-seaters (Mirage IIID) on this sheet in preparation for the new Kinetic Mirage IIID kit on the horizon. Profiles coming soon.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...

Mirage 5EAD ADAF

How about an Abu Dhabi Air Force Mirage 5EAD (IIIE) (prior to merger with UAE Air Force)?

Mirage 5SDE & 5SDD in Saudi Markings

Or the Saudi ordered Mirage 5SDE (IIIE) for Egypt? During testing prior to delivery, some of the early examples carried full Saudi markings.Later on during the batch, they carried modified Egyptian markings.

The 1,000th Mirage III/5/50 produced.

Edited by Dutch

That Abu Dhabi scheme is pretty cool, and I will include it if I have space. I am still working on this sheet - I just finished the Argentinian, Pakistani and Egyptian schemes; and will add a few more before I can release it sometime in April-May.

That Abu Dhabi scheme is pretty cool, and I will include it if I have space. I am still working on this sheet - I just finished the Argentinian, Pakistani and Egyptian schemes; and will add a few more before I can release it sometime in April-May.

Okay, I can wait. Haven't started the kit yet. BTW, when do you anticipate releasing the 1/144 KC-135R sheet? If around the same time, I'll order together. BTW(2), I'd love to see the EC-121 sheets done in 1/144 scale also.

Edited by Dutch