Jordanian ADV vipers

Zotz covered Jordanian F-16s on sheets 72-016 & 48-016 & 32-008, the instructions include color profiles.

Thanks Habu

I looked it up, but since I'm not planning on using the decals and the sheet is long oop was hoping just to find out what the planes looked like

The upper color plan is for the original three-color factory F-16 scheme. The lower one is the current two-color scheme. The give away is whether you can see the slightly darker patch on top of the intake on the machine you're doing. If so, it's three-color. If not, it's two-color. I believe the two-color has been the standard at US depots for a couple of decades now.

The Zotz data sheets show Jordan's ADF jets wearing the two tone scheme annotated as follows:

FS36118 (possibly FS36132 variation) / FS36270

All 12 ADFs retained the upper and lower IFF "bird slicers" and the ID light on the port side of the nose.

Definitely looks two tone to me. Jordan bought some F-16's from Belgium, but those aren't the ADV version.

This pic is definitely an ADV:

Jordanian F-16ADV

For comparison here is a formation flight. The closest F-16 doesn't have the 2 tone nose (from strake to nosecone) or top of the intake, while the second F-16 definitely does.

F-16 Formation Flight

HTH,

Dave

Edited by SR10user