Aussie Rhino A44-215 of 6SQN

G'day All,

Just to add another Aussie entry to the group, I'd like to include my F/A-18F of 6SQN, number A44-215. The kit is the 1/72 Hasegawa with the RAAF decals. I only purchased this kit in July and started building early September, so I hope that qualifies. I'm about 70% through the build so far, but I do have a couple photos from along the way (not the best either as they were taken with my phone). Luckily for me this boxing of the F model included the ACS glareshield for the rear pit, and the antenna bump for the spine. The 2nd lot of 12 aircraft for the RAAF were pre-wired for possible conversion to Growlers in the future, and so they have a few extra bumps compared to a normal F jet. Unfortunately the two antenna bumps between the flaps and stabs isn't included in the kit, though I'm not too concerned as I just wanted to get this build completed (I've got my fair share of part built models in the cupboard!).

It will be loaded up with 3 ext tanks, 2xGBU-38, 2xGBU-12, 2xAIM-9X and one AIM-120C.

Hope you enjoy :)/>

Brendan

bs5vhiqomvf45x66g.jpg

3fr1cuh563ts07c6g.jpg

8zaono1omfgkbo26g.jpg

thpsjgdofao4n9d6g.jpg

Edited by bjviper
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been busy the past few weeks working away on this model and I am happy enough to call it done. The GBU-38's and -12's are from the Academy F-35 F/A-18D kits respectively, whilst the AIM-9X's are from the Tamiya F-16CJ (I wasn't happy with the included 9X's). Painting was using Mr. Hobby Aqueous for the main, and detailed using Tamiya, Mr Hobby and MM, whilst weathering is a mix of oil wash, powders and dry brushing (on the bombs).

All feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

PS. Looks like I need to get my camera sensor cleaned again...sigh.

a6wzwl5uyr6agii6g.jpg

nnuf7wynzsm2jqe6g.jpg

646hra76ym7vsg36g.jpg