Revell 1/48 A-6E Intruder

Another oldie from the pile. This time it's Revells 1/48 A-6E Intruder. I added a black box 'pit and Furballs Intruder Air Wing decals. Everything else is how it comes.

As I'm trying to learn new techniques and better ways to do things, I ended up weathering this kit more than I probably should have. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and did learn a lot of tricks thanks to Youtube! I thought I had enough weight added to the nose plus the resin cockpit, but it's right on the tipping point. Lesson learned, when you think you've got enough - add more!!

Anyway, here it is.

DSC01022.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments, suggestions welcome!

Mike

Great job, Mike. Ya gotta love those old Monogram kits. I still have a few. Most of their models are really nice for the age, except one. Of all of the nice models that they made, why on God's green earth did they make such a mess of their first F-16??? It's a good model to practice on, but I sure wouldn't want to present it to anyone. Darn it, almost all of their other models are really nice (except for the raised panel lines) except that darn F-16. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Again, you did a really nice job on your A-6, including the weathering. Take care and be safe. Tim

Great job, Mike. Ya gotta love those old Monogram kits. I still have a few. Most of their models are really nice for the age, except one. Of all of the nice models that they made, why on God's green earth did they make such a mess of their first F-16??? It's a good model to practice on, but I sure wouldn't want to present it to anyone. Darn it, almost all of their other models are really nice (except for the raised panel lines) except that darn F-16. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Again, you did a really nice job on your A-6, including the weathering. Take care and be safe. Tim

Thanks Tim! I agree, most of their earlier kits are great! As terrible as their early F-16 is, it's one of the best if you're doing the very first block As or demo bird. I loved the pilot figure that came with it.

Their F-4s were the best until Academy came out with theirs. For the money, they're still some of the best!