MiG-29UB SU-24M/MR ALL NEW TOOLS 1/72!

Zvezda missed her chance again ... before they do MiG-29C Trumpeter will release whole line of MiG-29 ... I hope that strange area which Gabor pointed is the worst area of the kit

Edited by Andzin

Guys, never mind slots and aux. intakes.

Please have a look at the nose of the 29! That can't possibly be right... Is it too short? Or are the pixels in the picture at fault for making it look too chunky?!

78f2bd8bjw1elm3w5e0s7j20nf082abc.jpg

mig29ub-27-hungarian-air-force-brno-brq-lktb.jpg

http://www.planes.cz/en/photo/1020977/mig29ub-27-hungarian-air-force-brno-brq-lktb/

Otherwise, the stance of the plane on the ground seems to be ok, there are proper pylons under the wings, exhausts look nice...

Edited by niki4703

Please have a look at the nose of the 29! That can't possibly be right... Is it too short? Or are the pixels in the picture at fault for making it look too chunky?!

The UB nose is short. However the curvature of the bottom looks weird. Too bulbous.

Edited by Laurent

However the curvature of the bottom looks weird. Too bulbous.

Indeed I was referring to that aspect, the nose being drawn too short (possibly, I don't know) forced that bottom line to curve too steep upwards.

Anyway, meanwhile I calmed down. There can only good things come out of this: either OOB or by grafting the couple of Italeri UB noses I still got lying around :D

:thumbsup:

P.S.: and thank you for bringing these forthcoming releases to our attention, Super Tomcat!

Edited by niki4703
There can only good things come out of this

Indeed. The auxiliary intakes can be fixed with PE. The nozzles look a lot better than the Italeri/Kondor/ICM ones and the windscreen may be better too.

Yay for new Fulcrums and Fencers! :banana: Pretty cool to see an SMT! :woot.gif:

Although it looks like they simply scaled-down the 1/48 Fencer. Those nose sprues look horrible! I really hope they'll take a long hard look at those and try again (not holding my breath, though).

and why don`t you wait for trumpeter to release the actual kit before you make a verdict based on several pics taken with a cell phone?

Because ten times out of, um, ten, what you see is what you'll be getting!

Cell phone pics or not, whatever device they used to take these pics would have to have a very peculiar defect to distort the pics so much to miss the characteristic bulge of the Fencer radomes, while at the same time not distorting anything else in the pic. Either that.... or the Fencer noses are plain wrong. As on the 1/48 kit. With option is more likely?

Edited by ChernayaAkula

^ Kevan, make resin copies of the Streem kit's nose to graft on the Trumpeter kit and be rich! :woot.gif:

The Streem Fencer is one of my grail kits! Would love to get my hands on one...

So why do you bother?There is nothing you can do to correct it.Either buy this new kit or stick to the zvezda ones :) or the italeri in the case of the MIG-29 UB.

For the Fencer, it seems like we're caught between a rock (Dragon/Italeri/Zvezda with it's ridiculous fuselage height) and a hard place (Trumpeter).

But the MiG-29UB looks pretty decent. :thumbsup: Certainly miles ahead of the Italeri kit and its wonky nose area.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Relax everyone, this is only test sprues so i am sure there will shortly be people here telling us how perfect everything will be. :)/>

A 1/72nd MiG-29SMT (9.17) "Fulcrum-F" variant seems to be also in progress.

V.P.

No, it is MiG-29SMT 9.19, which is a fairly different aircraft. Luckily it is 9.19 and not 9.17, as the later was a prototype while 9.19 is operational in RuAF and was for a short while operational with Algerian AF.

and why don`t you wait for trumpeter to release the actual kit before you make a verdict based on several pics taken with a cell phone?

There will be more mistakes surfacing when we get good pictures, reviews and whatnot; not less.

Edited by Berkut

I am certain there will always be mistakes and there will never be a 100% correct kit or build.So at least I prefer to build a kit that is not 100% correct instead of waiting for the dream kit to appear and not build anything :)