MiG-29UB SU-24M/MR ALL NEW TOOLS 1/72!

^ Kevan, make resin copies of the Streem kit's nose to graft on the Trumpeter kit and be rich! :woot.gif:/>

The trouble with that is how Streem engineered their Fencer so that you had to have the nose landing gear leg installed in the bay before you closed up the nose halves. They engineered the main gears into the fuselage in similar fashion.

They molded the larger nose gear doors closed (as they typically are on the real Fencer) so I'd have to cut those out first so the whole gear well would be open to accept the Trumpeter gear leg.

Believe me; for the trouble it was to get a Streem kit and the fight it's been to build so far, I'm not cutting it up any more than necessary. :woot.gif:

I'm still hoping to see Master or someone come out with a turned metal pitot tube for a Fencer in 1/72. Maybe this upcoming kit will be a catalyst for that.

My bet is that Zvezda couldn't care less what these guys do, and that they will eventually do one. Theirs will be right, right out of the gate.

I bought their SU27 on a whim, and the only complaint I can see is the canopy shape and quality. Would love a Mig29 from them!

gary

I bought their SU27 on a whim, and the only complaint I can see is the canopy shape and quality. Would love a Mig29 from them!

gary

I'd like to see a Fulcrum from Zvezda too, on the condition they don't do it the same way they did their Su-24 Fencers a few years back.

I still can't think about Zvezda's choice to reissue the Italeri/Dragon/Revell Fencer kit without my blood pressure going up a couple of notches. :bandhead2:

My bet is that Zvezda couldn't care less what these guys do, and that they will eventually do one. Theirs will be right, right out of the gate.

I hope so. They talking about that for a long time. I am hoping for great 9-13 and Il-76

I hope so. They talking about that for a long time. I am hoping for great 9-13 and Il-76

Jennings and Mario are right, Zvezda has the Russian market, which is "smallish" so they will have more income from it that will justify the input. I have to add that the same is true for any Chinese kit manufacturer, the local market will "support" them with out any problem!

But on the plus side Zvezda are working in close cooperation with MiG people so the accuracy will be close to 100%. If you take a look at the Su-27 kit then it will show you what to expect from the Zvezda MiG-29 Type 9-13 in the future.

Still have the Strim kit of the Su-24 (the ones nicking my stash of kits did not realise what value it was and left it behind) and still love it!

Best regards

Gabor

gary

What is wrong with the canopy shape?

How would you know that before the kits even exist?

We don't know, but we know it is highly probable considering their kits past 8 years or so. (T-50 was a different matter, they got screwed over by Sukhoi/FSB there)

Jennings and Mario are right, Zvezda has the Russian market, which is "smallish" so they will have more income from it that will justify the input. I have to add that the same is true for any Chinese kit manufacturer, the local market will "support" them with out any problem!

But on the plus side Zvezda are working in close cooperation with MiG people so the accuracy will be close to 100%. If you take a look at the Su-27 kit then it will show you what to expect from the Zvezda MiG-29 Type 9-13 in the future.

Still have the Strim kit of the Su-24 (the ones nicking my stash of kits did not realise what value it was and left it behind) and still love it!

Best regards

Gabor

you know I bought the SU27 after seeing the spru shots you posted, and even then it was just a whim in the back of my head. It's on par with the new Tamiya F16, and in some ways maybe slightly better. But the canopy was disappointing in the least. I traded it for a new kit, and it's not anybetter. I find myself wanting that somebody comes out with an accurate vacuform canopy.. Zvezda's was shaped wrong, and foggy looking.

Being as the Zvezda folks are very big on Russian WWII props, how about dropping a hint for a P63 in 1/48th.

gary

What is wrong with the canopy shape?

We don't know, but we know it is highly probable considering their kits past 8 years or so. (T-50 was a different matter, they got screwed over by Sukhoi/FSB there)

I've had two kits now, they the canopies were foggy like. Also the cross section looks off to me anyway.

gary

Finally, a MiG-29SMT 9.19. I have Lone Star Resin's conversion set, but I'm still pumped for this as well. I just hope they include both Russian and Algerian options.

And of course I'll be getting each of the MiG-29UB and Su-24. And yeah, I hope either Trumpeter or Zvezda finally does a 1/72 MiG-35.