Hello All,

Well, summer steelhead season has come to a close for me, and it's back to building models!

I lost interest in the F-15 White Dragon, so I'm going to start a new build. I'll be building a JGSDF Type 10 MBT from Tamiya. I've read it's a really nice kit, and if it's anything like their Leopard II A6 kit, it'll be a fun one to build.

And here we go!

DSC_0464_zps3a647d73.jpg

Starting off with the funnest part of a tank build, the road wheels. No, wait building them is boring, it's the painting them that's the funnest! :bandhead2:/>/>/>/>

DSC_0466_zpsd5791f79.jpg

DSC_0467_zps0715fd94.jpg

I got the suspension arms on along with the wheels:

DSC_0470_zps961bdcb3.jpg

And I had to take a look with the tracks on:

DSC_0473_zps8f585b6f.jpg

Next up will be the upper hull.

Thanks for stopping by my build.

Mike

That's a great start Ichitoe. I have the kit too and was very impressed by the detail Tamiya gave it. The rubber side skirts look amazing for an injection molded part.

Shame to hear about the Shiro Ryu, hope to see it completed when you get the interest back.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I prefer modern armour to ww2 stuff.

Yes, I'm in agreement with you. I just can't get excited about the WW2 armor either.

That's a great start Ichitoe. I have the kit too and was very impressed by the detail Tamiya gave it. The rubber side skirts look amazing for an injection molded part.Shame to hear about the Shiro Ryu, hope to see it completed when you get the interest back.

I've built several of Tamiya's recent armor kits, and I am impressed by the quality, detail and build of these kits. I thoroughly enjoy building them!

WRT to the Shiro Ryu, I felt I was just slamming the kit together and not paying attention to the details like I should be. The decals were expensive, so I want to be sure I do an exceptional job on the build to warrant using them.

Now on to my current build, I've got the kit assembled, and it was on to the paint shop with it.

I laid down a coat of black primer:

DSC_0519_zps2c2558b8.jpg

After letting the primer dry for several days, I painted the rubber skirts. Once I felt the painted had cured sufficiently, I masked them and applied the base coat:

DSC_0529_zpsd63b635d.jpg

DSC_0530_zps33ae1429.jpg

DSC_0531_zps407326c2.jpg

I'll let this dry for a week and then apply several coats of gloss coats in preparation for the weathering. One thing I like about doing armor is the paint job doesn't need to flawless since I'll be adding several layers of weathering to hide my mistakes! :woot.gif:/>/>/>

And in the mean time, I'll start painting the road wheels and tracks.

Thanks for checking in.

Mike

Edited by Ichitoe