My wife has cancer

Having met your wife during one of your visits to Calgary, this obviously strikes close to home and my thoughts, prayers and wishes go to your wife, you and your two daughters. We all hope that this is overcome and has the best outcome possible. Best wishes...

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN

Thanks everyone....your warm thoughts have given me strength. I forgot to mention part of her treatment will be 5 years of a hormone blocking drug once she is finished radiation.

My wife is a very stoic person and this has helped her remain calm and push on through all the treatments. She is more tired as she goes through chemo, but she follows my instructions and lays down whenever she is feeling tired.....which is everyday.

I've worked the past 4 weeks at my regular job without a day off. Her treatments are all covered under the medical plan here of course.....and working the extra shifts has permitted me to avoid going into any more debt due to her being off work etc. She has 18 months to go until she can retire and I've been encouraging her to just take the 18 months off...we will see.

Thanks again everyone.

Steve, if I might add a little to what I said before & this is from experience, while you're looking after your wife & your finances, don't forget to look after you. If you hit the wall, get over tired, collapse or get crook from over work & stress, you're no good to anyone so try to find a way to pace yourself if you can. Easier said than done sometimes I know. Chin up.

Steve.

Steve, if I might add a little to what I said before & this is from experience, while you're looking after your wife & your finances, don't forget to look after you. If you hit the wall, get over tired, collapse or get crook from over work & stress, you're no good to anyone so try to find a way to pace yourself if you can. Easier said than done sometimes I know. Chin up.

Steve.

Good advice Steve thanks.

My oldest daughter just called from University and needs some time with me to help her deal with some depression.....we're very close. Seems I'll be arranging a day off this weekend to go out of town to spend some quality time with her...shopping dinner and a movie. My life certainly ain't dull. :woot.gif:

My wife has stage 3A breast cancer.

...my apologies if I have seemed more distracted than normal.

Steve,

You have NO reason, whatsoever, to apologize during what is a very tumultuous time for you and your family. Your first obligation is to them, and to yourself. I don't think anyone here would blame you if ARC took a back seat to real life. I realize ARC is important to you, and all of us members, but we understand if your focus is diverted elsewhere.

Your wife and family are in my prayers.

Mike

Steve,

My heart goes out to you. Don't worry about us here, we will muddle along, tend to your family. We at ARC are all rooting for your wife's speedy recovery. I'm sending all my positive healing energy her way. (all of you take it easy for a while...this will pass.)

Tell your daughter to hang in there, University is a bit of a roller coaster of emotions, given the best of times... My daughter just finished her masters...she can attest to that.

Cancer can be beaten!

Best wishes,

David Mielke & Family

You both have my best wishes for a full recovery!

Ditto that Steve. Life throws us some curve balls at times and all we can do is deal with them and try to be positive. You appear to be doing that very well. :thumbsup: