My wife has cancer

Steve,

Prayers to your wife and to your family.

I just got back to modeling, this forum, and my life due to spending this year fighting cancer. I had a not so minor surgery, port put in, and then off to chemo literally the next day. I am currently 4 months out from my chemo. Had a checkup a few days ago and X-Rays today. My cancer had also spread to my lymph nodes. I am just now getting to the point where I can have my 1st haircut since I don't remember when....that's the most minor thing. Chemo is no fun, but it is certainly doable. The long term side effects are also no fun, but you learn to live with them.

My chemo days were M-F 8 hours straight. The vast majority of the women in the Chemo Infusion suite were battling Breast cancer. Some for years. Some just got it. Seems like a very beatable cancer nowadays. I also know that for some of those lady's their cancer was mostly reduced to just a chronic state. Your wife and family are in good company. It's good that you got the news out on the battle you just found yourself in. It's part of the healing and support structure you need. There's a lot of us out here who can offer support in soo many different ways.

I got on with LiveStrong because I needed support with the coping involved in being a survivor, First there is the diagnosis, then the fight, then survivorship....it's is very much like dealing with PTSD. You and your family will never be the same again, but you will all be stronger and better for it. I also joined Immerman's Angels as a Mentor for people newly diagnosed. I really recommend checking them out when you have a minute.

If you need any support, advice, etc please PM me.

Take care.

- Matt

My wife has stage 3A breast cancer. I have been distracted for the past 9 months in her ongoing treatment (surgery, 6 months of Chemo and 6 weeks of radiation).

I having been working extra shifts at work to keep up with the bills (oldest daughter out of town in 1st year University and wife not working). We are optimistic she will make a full recovery and live a long and happy life...my apologies if I have seemed more distracted than normal.

My life is overly busy during good times.

I'm praying for full and permanent remission, comfort and courage and help dealing with all the stress.

And let me just say how much I appreciate this site. I'll appreciate it even more now.

Steve,

We are here for you and for your wife.

Don't ever give up hope, and don't let it hit you hard 'cause we will never stop prayin' until she is well again.

Best wishes,

Jack

Good Evening Steve.

Just got back from Vienna to read this terrible sad news.

I hope she recovers from this horrific disease but with great medical advances I wish your wife all the best.

Insallah she will recover from this.

Steve you have MY and Mom's prayers for her speedy recovery and if you need anything let ME know.

if I can help , you just have to ask.

Hope she gets well soon... abd Steve you also look after yourself too.

Really sorry to hear this. My prayers to you, your wife and your family. I'm quietly confident she'll beat it. My mum was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer as well back in 2007. She was almost 70 then. She underwent chemo treatment in Singapore, then came to stay with me in Oz for her radiotherapy treatment at the wonderful Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre here in Melbourne. She's now past 75 and has been in remission since her radiotherapy.

Steve

So sorry to hear the news. Check into patient and family support groups. They helped both my wife and I. My wife, then girlfriend, was diagnosed at 35. We went ahead, got married, and later had a daughter. Don't give up on your lives together. You realize that every moment is precious. My prayers are with you and your wife.

Thanks everyone for your kindness....I ask her numerous times each day how she is doing and usually I get a neutral answer....so she is doing as well as can be expected on Chemo.

I remain convinced she will beat her cancer.

Hi Steve

I am sorry to hear. I pray for her speedy recovery soon.I lost my mum to cancer in 2009 and it's still like yesterday.

She will be fine and make a full recovery I am sure part of beating this awful thing is will power and support, pls inform her that she has the support and prayers from a lot of good folk here at ARC.

God Speed

rgds

Brian

Edited by Mr B

Hi Steve; just adding my best wishes to you and Mrs B -a little behind everyone else, as usual (managed to lock myself out of the Forums, but then every virtual village needs an actual idiot).

My Divine Wife recovered fully from cancer in 2006, and has survived to spite me since! In fact, she is in better shape than ever -more than can be said for her husband...

I'm certain you'll get it beat together, and look forward to that blessed All-Clear. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

:salute:

:( Aw, bummer, Stevie... I'm appalled to have learnt 'bout this; cancer's such a bloody disease. Why life sometimes makes us go thru' bad moments, most of the times we should be able to get somethin' valuable outa 'em. Quite positive that yer missus' gonna be awlright.

Ya're a top bloke, Steve; so sorry that some of us, members on this awesome forum, ain't near enough of the place ya dwell to be with ye in this particular moment just to give some support in a personal way. I real wish I could.

Keep yer faith, my good mate, as we're all there with both yer missus 'n' ye, as ya well can see.

Cheers, Steve! :cheers:

Unc²