Czech Bf109G10/U4 query

Hi folks.

I cannot ask this on LRG.org as this is not actually a Luftwaffe question.. although it is almost at the same time.

On page 85 of Mushroom White Series Messerschmitt Bf109 Late War versions, there is a profile of a Diana G10 with strange Czech markings.

Does anyone know if that marking on the profile (starboard) is about correct with the position of the Czech airforce logo? And would I also take it as about 'right' that, (copying the Czech us of their OB-XXX reg codes), that there would have been no Crosses on either the top or bottom of the wings.

If someone wants a very kewl book on Late War BF109 G &K series craft... this is a good book to get (as well as a couple of others ;) )

And is it me or does the profile imply that that is RLM 77 on the forward fuselage? The profile also implies that the undersides have some panels that are bare metal - would the underside profile (as shown on page 82) be a good guide for which panels would have been left unpainted?

And finally on page 109 of the same book, I guess that Option #4 would be about right for the wing camouflage patterns-.... but with a mix of (general)WNF and (general)Diana factory-type BF109 G10 colours.

Hi folks.

I cannot ask this on LRG.org as this is not actually a Luftwaffe question.. although it is almost at the same time.

On page 85 of Mushroom White Series Messerschmitt Bf109 Late War versions, there is a profile of a Diana G10 with strange Czech markings.

Does anyone know if that marking on the profile (starboard) is about correct with the position of the Czech airforce logo? And would I also take it as about 'right' that, (copying the Czech us of their OB-XXX reg codes), that there would have been no Crosses on either the top or bottom of the wings.

If someone wants a very kewl book on Late War BF109 G &K series craft... this is a good book to get (as well as a couple of others ;)/> )

And is it me or does the profile imply that that is RLM 77 on the forward fuselage? The profile also implies that the undersides have some panels that are bare metal - would the underside profile (as shown on page 82) be a good guide for which panels would have been left unpainted?

And finally on page 109 of the same book, I guess that Option #4 would be about right for the wing camouflage patterns-.... but with a mix of (general)WNF and (general)Diana factory-type BF109 G10 colours.

Hi Wege,

You might want to post this on the Prop forum as well, lots of knowledgeable folks over there.

I don't have the book but can tell you that it's commonly accepted that late Diana-built G-10's had RLM 77 (or a field mixed variant of 76). Also, many late model 109's from all factories had unpainted lower wings. The wing tips, ailerons and flaps were typically RLM76 though.

I hope this helps a bit.

John

Cheers John.

I will leave the posts here and see if more information comes to light and then repost over in Props.

Thanks for the accepted RLM77 - now I need to work out what paint I have (in Humbrol enamel) to use for that. I guess it will be probably H166 Light aircraft grey, as their is no generally accepted 'translation' of RLM77 to Humbrol (whereas other RLM8x and RLM74,75, 76 etc can be translated to modern Humbrol paints. Most recently in the H25x range) :)/>

Edit- looks like I can ask LRG.org- they have a foreign users section. :D

Edited by Wege