Just received a Revell putty monster. So as its a challenge I will attempt a very hard aggressor scheme. Leaning towards VFC-12 Splinter but we will see what happens as I build.

DSC_0799-1.jpg

Edited by phantom

Not that much of a putty monster. Lots of flash and looks no where near as good as a Hasegawa. But it is better then the last Revell Hornet I did a bunch of years ago. If I can find more of these I think I might pick them up.

DSC_0800-1.jpg

But the shape is not bad, the Monogram Hornet is not so bad, you just have to "like" raised panel lines. Here it is again in the revell programm and has decals for a swiss bird.

You can get it at about 15 Euro (Hasegawa: around 50!!!). So when you are building that fast and quick like Phantom, it can relax the wallet! Ok, you maybe need a bot more putty...but also Hase is not perfect and no shake and bake!

I like the Revell for the hard paint jobs like this one. Add some left over Hasegawa parts like the do-dads for the flaps and RWRs and it adds up pretty nice. Only real thing I notice off is the radome and like you say the raised panel lines.

DSC_0692-3.jpg

1414972599[/url]' post='2660303']

Thanks, someone else did this scheme recently and his looks better. But.......Mine is not awful. I kind of like it.

Planned on doing this same kit in this scheme as soon as Revell sends me a new canopy. Looking good.70.gif

Revell F-18C with Fightertown decals. Looks like day old dog vom compared to some others recently finished here on ARC........But here it is anyway.

DSC_0696-3.jpg

DSC_0700.jpg

DSC_0702.jpg

Group shot of my VFC-12 F-18s.

DSC_0703.jpg