ARC T-shirt to support Steve

It seems like the group build idea might not work for many reasons. I know we all had made mention of wanting a new t-shirt with ARC on it, and I think now is the perfect time for that. Lets design a new t-shirt or two, and all proceeds from the t-shirt will be donated to Steve and his family. I would certainly like an ARC shirt especially if the money goes to a great cause. What say you?

Same here :woot.gif: , I will also try to work up some designs

My chest has slipped and I'm growing outward not upwards anymore so in US sizes mine will have to be XXL anything else will look like it belongs on a child...may I suggest a 90% cotton 10% poly product; so shrinkage is not a problem. The ARC main page has a logo....I'd start with that ;) . If necessary I'll pay upfront for mine, just like pre-ordering.

I'm liking this idea a lot. Who is the design committee?

Why not have the mods work it up, if they need help they can put out feelers or a call. A lot of folks here do banners for GB's, Come on guys lets MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I'm in as well with an XL. I do have a suggestion, Lets see if we can get some sponsership going as well. Lets say sponsership fee are 50.00 and that gets their logo/name below the ARC logo. We can contact model manufactures, after market and some hobby shops. Our R/C club holds a Cancer Race every year. The last two years we raised over 6,000.00 with all money going to someone with ties to the R/C community here in Texas. Just a thought for us to consider.

As far as design goes. How about the ARC AIR logo on the front as suggested earlier with the web site address and Steve's wife name so people can see we are supporting one of our own. Sponsership on the back. Plus the shirts being in Pink and a second in whatever color we choose.

Edited by tosouthern66

As far as design goes. How about the ARC AIR logo on the front as suggested earlier with the web site address and Steve's wife name so people can see we are supporting one of our own. Sponsorship on the back. Plus the shirts being in Pink and a second in whatever color we choose.

The pink shirt idea opens up a whole new angle...that being for those who so choose could order two one for him (if the case may be) and the pink one for SWMBO if there is one; also pink is the color for Breast cancer supporter or awareness. The sponsorship idea has a lot of merit also. Sprue Bros, and the rest of the folks on the main page like Lucky Models, UMM, North American hobbies?, who knows maybe even small one for the future ARC'ers...this could be very, very good. What we need is a logistics type to get the show organized as far as getting the shirts, would white and pink be the colors offered or would others be an option..seems black is the new en vogue color. We'll need a silk screener to help out with a cost only or little above cost bargain to aid the cause. Could we add something like "Help in the battle with cancer" or "Cancer can be beat if you help"

Would it be better if we pre-order, and with a deposit that way whoever is carrying the ball will know how many, what colors, sizes, etc...to keep it in a nice neat package. I'm thinking it could be done thru Pay-pal to keep it all comfortable.

Suggestions only:

source #1

source #2

source #3

It seems project committee could select a number colors that would be acceptable as being commonly worn and seen and offer them for the choices, possibly use the colors in the logo as a basis making it less of a hassle to get them ordered and done.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Does anyone remember the T-Shirt company that made the shirt for the KC-135 that crashed in Afghanistan? I believe you can design the shirt and they will print it and collect the money for whatever cause is needed. Maybe we should go that way.

I know locally that the more shirts that are ordered the cheaper the price per shirt. I would say prepay that way you don't end up ordering shirts that ppl don't pay for then you have to find someone else to buy it. We could contact the national T-shirt design places, who knows they may donate to the cause.

Ok, I'm looking at CustomInk.com and it seems like we could set up a fundraising page with them. I'll do some more digging but it looks promising. I really need some design ideas, and if anyone has access to the ARC logos in a way that we could upload them to the t-shirt website that would be great!

• SBARC unpinned this topic