ARC T-shirt to support Steve

Is anyone in charge of this operation yet?

I can buy the shirts wholesale, design them, produce them and ship them out. Buying a batch of shirts definitely helps with pricing. Shipping is obviously dependent on their destination.

As far as shirt colors, you could open it beyond two colors if you wanted to. The supplier I use discounts on number of shirts ordered regardless of color. Colors are usually more money than white and darks require any white to by printed, thereby adding expense.

So, I can order any color, any size in a particular line and still get a bulk discount.

Not sure what the online joints like custom ink, cafe press, etc take of the top but if that's the way it goes, run the numbers by me if you don't mind.

Whether I'm involved or not, I think the money should go straight to into his paypal and he cover the costs to whatever vendor. That way they have every penny outside of expense.

Sluggo, I absolutely agree with the money going straight to Steve. If you have the ability to make the shirts that would be awesome! I was just starting to look around at the online guys, but hadn't seen any prices. I don't believe anyone is in charge specifically. I'm willing to help how I can, but right now I feel a bit like a guy in an unfamiliar room trying to find the light switch. I think color wise we should have at least 2 colors, white and pink. Maybe more if people decide so and its not cost prohibitive?

Does anyone remember the T-Shirt company that made the shirt for the KC-135 that crashed in Afghanistan? I believe you can design the shirt and they will print it and collect the money for whatever cause is needed. Maybe we should go that way.

Yes I do as I bought several tee shirts for that cause, and they raised well over $200,000 I think for the three crew members family that died.

Here is The link for that company...

CUSTOMLINK. http://www.customink.com/photos/tags/k12

VERY helpful etc.. :wave:

ALSO Another one but CUSTOMLINK is I think better as its more established

And easy to buy and pay for what you want... So different products and colors might be a great idea to raise donations for our

BOSS Steve..

This us the other one but I DO PREFER CUSTOMLINK AS ALL MOBEY RAISED GOES TO THE PERSON...

http://teespring.com/about

I am in for this cause too..l :yahoo:

Oh and Teespring has online colors schemes and design ....also using that site they have a calculators which lets you calculate how many tee shirts you need to raise what amount of money you wish to raise. ... might be this one is as good as Customlink....

Sluggo, I absolutely agree with the money going straight to Steve. If you have the ability to make the shirts that would be awesome! I was just starting to look around at the online guys, but hadn't seen any prices. I don't believe anyone is in charge specifically. I'm willing to help how I can, but right now I feel a bit like a guy in an unfamiliar room trying to find the light switch. I think color wise we should have at least 2 colors, white and pink. Maybe more if people decide so and its not cost prohibitive?

Since the operation is for a charitable cause, you could simply spread the expense evenly. You'd almost have to. Instead of a white shirt being xx.00 dollars and a pink being xa.00 dollars, all shirts are yy.00 dollars.

I offer myself as an option and am willing to help on the vendor side of things. I am however, a one man operation.

Using a vendor such as teespring will allow you to reach outside our little world. A well run campaign from such an operation could result in a nice stack of cash.

Best course of action at the moment would be working out the art and getting a shirt count. I will work on a couple ideas while this develops a bit more.

Thanx Sluggo, just to throw in $0.02 more, before we get to far ahead of ourselves, I'm of the opinion we should get some designs in place first and work forward from that. the colors, sizes, and amount are a given, but what is going to be on them isn't a/o yet. The more logos and what have you added the cost will go up; so let's finalize what they are going to look like first. With that in mind lets get a group of ARC'ers to come up with 4-5 design proposals, put it to the membership in the form of a poll and decide what the end product is going to look like; the final design can be put on any color, it will be a matter of changing the ink from dark for light colors (pink, yellow, white, pastels) to light for dark ones (black midnight blue, green red, etc). Some may even want to opt for special color combo...such as light blue on a darker blue shirt or black on a red, or black on white...however the logo IMHO should be the same as what is on the ARC main page. I don't believe offering too many color combos is gonna be economically friendly to the project. We don't know yet if guys like Brian P. @ Fightertown Decal, Bob Sanchez of TwoBobs, et al, would like to have their logo added for a monetary consideration, unless we are going to go with an ARC only shirt, I know the original idea was for T-shirts, but some maybe more in favor of the golf type of shirt; though T-shirts will be cheaper.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Very well put Greywolf. I like the plan of lets get designs up first, and decide on those. Petarvu has provided some good ideas and hopefully we can get some more. If anyone has contacts with folks in the model world who might like to sponsor this that'd be great! All sponsors could have their logos on the back of the shirt with whatever design goes on the back.

I really appreciate the enthusiasm for this idea. ARC folks, your a class act!

I get where you're going with options and such but I'd be up for the 'ol Henry Ford option. You can have any color T you want, as long as it's black......and pink.

I took a little liberty with the site's logo. Hope I survive the evening.

arc1.jpg

arc2.jpg

Before you use the ARC Forums logo like that you really must talk to Steve and get his permission as he holds the copyright and you could actually screw him by putting it out there like you are proposing. Certainly not opposed to this idea but please do it properly.

Cheers

Bruce

I will take one in black and one in grey. :worship:/>

I get where you're going with options and such but I'd be up for the 'ol Henry Ford option. You can have any color T you want, as long as it's black......and pink.

I took a little liberty with the site's logo. Hope I survive the evening.

Edited by Matt Shropshire

RCAFFAN, your absolutely correct and I apologize for that. I got ahead of myself on that.

I think we can all agree that Sluggo2u has the winning design. Sluggo2u are you capable of producing these as well? I'd love to see this stay in the ARC family.

Sluggo, now that is one hell of a design! I like it, it combines our sites logo and the cancer cure ribbon. Its perfect!!!!

That was what I was trying to accomplish. Instant recognition of both breast cancer awareness and ARC.

As RCAFFAN pointed out, anything using Steve's logo or any combination thereof will require his approval.

RCAFFAN, your absolutely correct and I apologize for that. I got ahead of myself on that.

I think we can all agree that Sluggo2u has the winning design. Sluggo2u are you capable of producing these as well? I'd love to see this stay in the ARC family.

Yes I can. I need to see how small I can cut them. I need to be able to get it down to about 4 inches to go on left chest. If not it may need to go to a screen printer.

Good news is, if I can cut them that size there can be a decal option for your car too.

• SBARC unpinned this topic