Sukhoi Su-15TM Flagon F - TRUMPETER 1/48

Hi guys,

I am not really sure what is wrong with the kit's intakes. Maybe Flankerman can provide some more details since he raised the issue in the first place. But if the problem is the tilt to the vertical I think Trumpeter has got it right. Have a look at a (poor) photo of the finished model:

My apologies - from your construction photos it looked like the intakes had outer side walls that were vertical.

It appears from your later photo that they are not vertical - but have the correct 'toed-in' appearance.

It looks like Trumpeter have got it right.

Again, sorry for causing confusion.....

Ken

PS - Great buid BTW :worship:

My apologies - from your construction photos it looked like the intakes had outer side walls that were vertical.

It appears from your later photo that they are not vertical - but have the correct 'toed-in' appearance.

It looks like Trumpeter have got it right.

Again, sorry for causing confusion.....

Ken

PS - Great buid BTW :worship:/>/>

There is no confusion Ken. It's just a discussion. That's what forums are for. Aren't they?

So, thank you for your input.

What a great thread :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Some most excellent workmanship there and your photos are superb in the way they are laid out with the captions and explanations.

I had no interest in the Flagon due to all of the issues with the kit but after seeing yours I may have to invest in one. Thanks goodness I did not get the kit when it first came out as there are more update sets available now too so a much easier proposal.

Thanks again for posting, much appreciated and again wonderful work. :clap2: :clap2:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Re-scribing over putty is actually very easy: I use MR HOBBY (GUNZE SANGYO) MR SURFACER 500 LIQUID or SPRAY. The "magic trick" is simple: multiple soft sweeps of the scribing tool - the first ones being even softer than the rest but you should be careful not to overdo it. Usually 5-6 sweeps are enough for the 48th and after the first three ones any template used is removed so that you'll be having a better look on the surface and a better judgement.

cheers

Edited by vags