Better late than never, they say.

I got this kit years ago as a gift at some competition. It was packed in a bag with one decal option - Oliver Frhr from Jasta 15 - and appears to be Eduard Weekend type kit. Not much of detail in the cockpit really, but I decided I'll just spice it up a bit - not much will be seen, anyway. I have to admit this will be my second biplane build (I mostly build jets), so the end result my not be hardcore 100% replica, but I'll give it a go.

Haven't done much progress to be honest, although it took me a week or so to get to here, due to long drying times. I painted the wooden interiors and laminated propeller. Unfortunately two snapshots turned out crappier than I wanted but I just wanted to show you where I'm at at the moment. Will make some proper pics, when the interior (and possibly the engine) is finished.

AlbatrosDV-1.jpg

AlbatrosDV-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well yes and no. I have a very hard and important exam tomorrow at work and all my free time was spent studying.

Anyway, I have the model decaled and ready to attach the upper wing with rigging next. I just may slip it under the deadline if I find some free time in the last week of 2014.