In flight stand for aircrafts by RS Finemodels

That looks great. The only suggestion I would make is the shape of the base. It looks a bit too much like the Star Trek emblem. Other than that, it's a great idea.

Hehe, we didn't think about it, either of us are Star Trek fans. We will make a couple of shapes and colors for you to choose from.

Veliko,

The stand looks GREAT! The only thing that I could suggest that would improve on it would be, can the base be made out of the same material as the stanchion? To me, the design would have more "flow" to it if both components were made of the same material. If both were made out of the clear plexiglass and polished to a high gloss then it would more or less disappear and would not be as noticable leaving only the aircraft to be noticed. This is just a suggestion, but as I said the stand looks GREAT!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(sonyKen)

Hello guys.

Here's the second prototype. It's one done for the more modern ones, with straight edges and aggressive look. All done in dark gray graphite paint. We will make more dimensions, shapes and colors, so everyone can choose what they like.

Also we will have the option to add your name to the stand, engraved or printed, or the aircraft type, name, number, squadron, whatever you like.

Full plexiglass ones will be available too.

What do you think?

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

Veliko,

Now that is more like it. To my eye this base is not as "distracting" as the one with the wooden base plate. That is a lot of the reason why I asked about one that was constructed all out of the same plexiglass. To me with it made out of the same materials and is the same color, there is more "flow" toward the subject being displayed. My next questions are when are these going to be available, at what cost, and can you give me/us an estimate of what they are going to cost to ship to the US. Thanks for the information!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen

Hey Ken,

well the wooden one should fit nicely a WW I plane, or maybe a classic one. The more modern ones will be done with the same color and will be available in a couple of colors. The plexiglass will be done shortly and I will post photos of that.

As for the prices, they are not formed yet, we have to calculate it in order to give the best deal for you. The idea is 20-25 USD for the painted stand, but we are not sure yet. The plexiglass one will be for sure a couple of USD more, I don't know how much but it will be more, since the material is not that cheap. The wooden one will be in pair with the plexiglass one, oak, pear wood is not that cheap either.

I'm still not sure for the shipping. Online calculators give me an estimate of 12-13 USD for shipping 250-500 grams. We will inform you when the prices and shipping are formed.

You will be able to order it via Facebook (RS Finemodels , be sure to Like it to receive new photos and informations), and I hope via a website (If I get it running by that time), maybe even E-bay, we'll see.

Until then, take care.

Sandro