New HB 1/48 BAe Hawk T1A

well, from what I see they didn't screw anything yet. Early headrest are still correct for certain time period, and many like to replace the kits with aftermarket ones, anyway. While the Papa 'winder may not be correct (and probably M117 bombs as well), you are still give a couple of Lima 'winders.

A bit too early to condemn the kit on the base of what you see in the instructions...

When you review the list of operators of the Mk 50 and onwards, there are plenty of operators that rely heavily on the AIM-9P, possibly also the MK117. So it is a bit peculiar that you all condemn HB on these 2 features alone?

From the kit breakdown you will probably see other versions released in due course.

Funny enough - no mentioning of wrong shapes of the body, cockpit or ohter more mainstream items....

Just saying.... ;)

When you review the list of operators of the Mk 50 and onwards, there are plenty of operators that rely heavily on the AIM-9P, possibly also the MK117. So it is a bit peculiar that you all condemn HB on these 2 features alone?

From the kit breakdown you will probably see other versions released in due course.

Funny enough - no mentioning of wrong shapes of the body, cockpit or ohter more mainstream items....

Just saying.... ;)/>

In addition, the kit DOES include an AIM-9L; the most commonly used variant of the Sidewinder on the Hawk. And the inclusion of the early style seats opens up a new range of possibilities, and later seats can easily be found from numerous sources. Not to mention that they will clearly include them in other boxings, as the seats are on their own separate sprues and the gated-off space on sprue LX2 is about the right size and shape for the late style seat part. I agree that it is a bit too early to judge this particular kit.

Neat, I like training schemes and I had to buy an aftermarket decal set for the ASTRA decals. I wonder if it is an improvement over the Italeri or airfix kits. It doesn't seem cheap based on the SRP in their website.

So now we have 4 options in 1/48. The old Premier, Airfix, italeri/tamiya and HB.

Several years ago I built the 1:48 Premier kit of the Hawk T Mk1A using an Airwaves etched detail set, Aeroclub white metal undercarriage, Paragon resin seats, decals from the spares box and plenty of sandpaper and filler. It was great fun and I was satisfied with the result. That was what I understood the them "kit bashing" to mean. These days there is a new meaning...

I dread to think what the reception of the Premier kit would be on today's web forums (fora?).

Perhaps being spoilt for choice has spoiled us as modellers.

Darius

I have one consideration to do, we really needed to have another Hawk kit in 1:48 scale? There are already the Airfix and Italeri kits that are nod bad. There are a lot of airplanes that don't have yet a decent 1:48 kit as the OV-10 Bronco for example :)

Roberto

I have one consideration to do, we really needed to have another Hawk kit in 1:48 scale? There are already the Airfix and Italeri kits that are nod bad. There are a lot of airplanes that don't have yet a decent 1:48 kit as the OV-10 Bronco for example :)/>

Roberto

From Hasegawa, absolutely...from Hobby Boss/Trumpeter...NO.

Several years ago I built the 1:48 Premier kit of the Hawk T Mk1A using an Airwaves etched detail set, Aeroclub white metal undercarriage, Paragon resin seats, decals from the spares box and plenty of sandpaper and filler. It was great fun and I was satisfied with the result. That was what I understood the them "kit bashing" to mean. These days there is a new meaning...

I dread to think what the reception of the Premier kit would be on today's web forums (fora?).

Perhaps being spoilt for choice has spoiled us as modellers.

Darius

OMG! If we were to get a Premier kit today like the 1/48 hawk they did back in the 80's, there would be protests in the streets. I have about 5 of those kits back when that was the only game in town. I even converted one to a goshawk before there was even hope for a 1/48 goshawk.