F-15 seams, Hasegawa kit

A quick question for the F-15 experts.

Are the seams filled on the real aircraft along the joint between the nose and rear fuselage on the 1/48th Hasegawa F-15 kit?

In photos the panel lines appear to very faint on the real jet.

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD

You're asking if the seams on the real thing are filled on the 1/48 Hasegawa kit...

Not sure I understand exactly what you're asking. You seem to have answered your own question. If you can see them, they're there. If they're faint on the real thing, make them faint on your model.

Just checking if the model joint line is a joint/panel on the real thing. The Revell F-15E kit also joins along this line but there hard to see on the real jets.

Ok, i think I'll rescribe after cleaning up the join.

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD

And while your getting rid of seams, get the ones on the vertical tail base, I see so many F-15 builds with that huge seam there and it should be removed.

Curt

Just checking if the model joint line is a joint/panel on the real thing. The Revell F-15E kit also joins along this line but there hard to see on the real jets.

Ok, i think I'll rescribe after cleaning up the join.

Shaun.

That is the join line between the "Nose Barrel" and aft fuselage, when you get REAL close on the real jet you can see it there but at a distance it would be just a shadow.

If you look at the photo of the crashed E model at Lakenheath, it pretty much broke apart at that line when it cart rolled on the nose. Tore off the nose barrel exactly on that line, nice and neat, all we had to do to remove the aircraft was cut the cabbles and little bit of sheet metal and the nose barrel fell right off, ready for transport.

Cheers

Dave Whalen

Edited by Ol Crew Dog