HK 1/32 Mosquito B.IV Box Art

Boxart is nice - but this isn't good news - a 1/32 Mossie from Tamiya is just a rumour ? I always prefer a Japan quality beyond Chinese quality... and Tamiya is Tamiya... (But i interest a Fighter-Bomber/Nightfighter - maybe Tamiya released this ? )

Awesome !! :clap2:/>/> :yahoo:/>/>

Of course my enthusiasm could be cooled when the price is announced. :485c3a61:/>/>

David

I fear it will be out of my price range. Wish Revell would take a crack at this one, they seem to be able to produce decent quality 1/32nd kits at very reasonable prices (unlike the other companies).

Then you probably have more disposable money than the rest of us (or than me at the very least). I'm with 11bee in that it would be nice if Revell could produce one at 1/3rd of the cost of whatever the Tamiyas and HKs of the world would charge. I can swing a $35 kit but undoubtedly Tamiya, Hasegawa and many others would charge what is tantamount to two weeks' worth of groceries for my family of four.

If you can swing the high prices, then I say go for it. Lord knows I wish I could!

Eric

Then you probably have more disposable money than the rest of us (or than me at the very least). I'm with 11bee in that it would be nice if Revell could produce one at 1/3rd of the cost of whatever the Tamiyas and HKs of the world would charge. I can swing a $35 kit but undoubtedly Tamiya, Hasegawa and many others would charge what is tantamount to two weeks' worth of groceries for my family of four.

If you can swing the high prices, then I say go for it. Lord knows I wish I could!

Eric

My cap would be in the $80 range. I'm guessing that HK's price will probably be double. I'm not slagging them, it looks like a great kit. I just have to draw the line at spending that much on a plastic model.

Nice box art, but truth be told, I'd buy this kit if it was packaged in a plain white box. I've been looking forward to a modern tool of mosquito is in 1:32 for some time now. I may have to think hard about which version to buy in the future. I have at least two copies of each of the Tamiya boxings in 1:48, but 1:32 takes up a lot more real estate. I'll have to be more selective I haven't studied my Mosquitos in some time, but that engine doesn't seem right to my untrained eye. Could be right, and I might be wrong.

Yeah...they could throw this think in a plastic grocery bag for all I care. It will be in my short pile immediately upon release. HKs B-25s have a reputation for being very Tamiya like in build quality, so I have high hopes. I guess Chinese bashing will always be a thing despite the quality professed by those who've actually built them.

I totally get the price tag on some of these kits being unattainable to some. It's too bad but that price tag has simple economic principles supporting it. I am wrapping up the AMAZING Revell 1/32 Ju88 which I tracked down for under $30, but as good as it is it just doesn't compare to a Tamiya or similar kit in any way.

There isn't "Chinese bashing". There is pointing out that certain companies (HK not being among them) have a reputation for putting out crap products more often than not. The fact that they may (or may not) be Chinese has nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if they're Chinese or Zimbabwean, if they put out a crap product, it should be pointed out.

I was referring to this in particular:

Boxart is nice - but this isn't good news - a 1/32 Mossie from Tamiya is just a rumour ? I always prefer a Japan quality beyond Chinese quality... and Tamiya is Tamiya... (But i interest a Fighter-Bomber/Nightfighter - maybe Tamiya released this ? )

And yes I've seen plenty of emphasis on the "Chinese quality" aspect of kits like Trumpeter. None from you yourself I'll admit.

We've butted heads here and other places before over the accuracy thing but in the end I honestly believe you're content with people like myself building our stuff how we see fit. I know you like to pick apart problems with kits and that's fine and dandy with me. I may have been hasty in the past lumping you in with the "you're stupid for building an inaccurate kit" crowd and for that I apologize.

Yesterday I just so happened to be at my local HobbyTown to pick up some paints. It caught me by surprise when I saw a Revell 1/32 Mosquito on the shelf! I just had to check out the price and I couldn't believe it was only $25 (Okay...$24.99). It would not surprise me in the least if a Japanese or Chinese offering would be four times as much. Has anyone out there built the Revell offering? I wonder if the other companies are four times better (or perhaps I should say "four times worth the price").

Eric

The Revell Mosquito dates from the early 1970s, and the tooling is *long* since paid for. For 1971 it was a great kit. But it's rife with shape issues and problems.

Is a Mercedes S-class "worth" five times more than another car? Well, that depends entirely on your definition, which will be different from someone else's definition.

Edited by Jennings

Nice box art, but truth be told, I'd buy this kit if it was packaged in a plain white box. I've been looking forward to a modern tool of mosquito is in 1:32 for some time now. I may have to think hard about which version to buy in the future. I have at least two copies of each of the Tamiya boxings in 1:48, but 1:32 takes up a lot more real estate. I'll have to be more selective I haven't studied my Mosquitos in some time, but that engine doesn't seem right to my untrained eye. Could be right, and I might be wrong.

Well time for me to shut my gob. I pulled a few pictures of mosquito engines, and the ones shown match up pretty well with the example shown here. It was the sloped/tapered valve covers that were throwing me off. So far the kit seems fine.

Well time for me to shut my gob. I pulled a few pictures of mosquito engines, and the ones shown match up pretty well with the example shown here. It was the sloped/tapered valve covers that were throwing me off. So far the kit seems fine.

valve covers are what caught me eye, and I stand corrected. Some folks have said the supercharger is suspect, but I wouldn't know.

gary

• 2 months later...

This model goes together the same way as the real aircraft!!

10659375_1501493286766958_6835491256066926691_n.jpg?oh=9d76fbf58f68f87dc0d5c9454a256066&oe=54F54F49&__gda__=1425233777_63a199942ffb5edef73e0e5bd62a698f

V.P.

Well, not really. Here is an actual Mossie wing under construction at our hangar. Quite a bit different. I am surprised that a 1/32 kit wouldn't at least have separate engine nacelles. Rather disappointing IMHO.

248946_10151566256641753_1055458725_n.jpg?oh=853e384e02d6af2a180b2c476c3a1860&oe=55605119&__gda__=1428620310_4ab0f99043b2d21685bd711eb0a95e26

BD