Got this email today after being informed that they intend to start a China based Fightertown Decals without any connection to the real Fightertown Decals or permission from us...

Dear Sirs,

Our company based in chinese office, our company has submitted the "fightertowndecals " as CN(.cn/.com.cn/.net.cn/.org.cn) domain name and Internet Keyword, we are waiting for Mr. Jim's approval. We think this name is very important for our products in Chinese market. Even though Mr. Jim advises us to change another name, we will persist in this name.

Best regards

Jiang zhihai

I've heard of some brazen S.O.B's, but this takes the proverbial rag off the bush.....the a**l op****gs, are taking your company name, and probably your trademark logo, and not being sneaky about it. There has to be some kind of international law; where you could sue them for everything they have including their dreams. I hope Mr. Jim whoever he is has enough clout to tell them no go, and they have to change their nefarious intentions and get their money some other way.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

This is a huge problem over here, Chinese companies have "trademarked" Japanese locale names and names for strains of rice etc. Several municipalities and agricultural entities have filed claims, but winning in a Chinese court...

:bandhead2:

I've had numerous e-mails over the years with warnings that Chinese companies will be claiming the domain names www.arcair.cn etc. The e-mail goes on to say I can send these guys money to block this and claim those Chinese domain names for myself.

I ignored each of these e-mails as a scam and ignored them.