CD144001 - 1/144 KC-135R

This is what the main sheet looks like - there is a second sheet with the black markings. Two sets of stencilling and national insignia to allow you to build two Minicraft KC-135R's. The stencilling is somewhat simplified to suit the 1/144 scale, but most everything that is on the 1/72 sheet is also on this one.

cd144001draft.jpg

Agreed, but unfortunately really poorly documented as well. Maybe I have not seen the right books, but I have not been able to find sufficient references for these. For the time being the only KC-135 sheets I am planning will depict the current KC-135R fleet.

KursadA,

I add my vote to others above about early KC-135 Corrogard (1960s) c/s. Next up would be the Aircraft Gray with colorful tail bands (1970s-1980s) c/s, one sheet each for USAF and one for ANG/AFRES. Then the Shamu (1980s-1990s) c/s followed by the Proud AMC Gray (current) c/s, but you already have that last one done.

The Minicraft 1/144 KC-135E engine turbo hood arrangement; two with, two without, gives many options if you have multiple kits. I have several and am swapping turbo hoods around to make the appropriate aircraft engine configurations, leaving me with a couple of models with NO turbo hoods, ala MATS/MAC/WEATHER C-135B & WC-135B. As I cannot locate the old Microscale 14-194 C-130 decal sheet to rob the MAC / WEATHER tail bands, is there any chance you could do these and early/late EC-135C/H/J/K/P & RC-135C/M/U/V/W on a subsequent C-135 sheet in 1/144 & 1/72? Just asking.

I have a ton of photos and some print material I could share if you need it. JPEGs may be easier as a picture is worth a thousand words.

V/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Hmm..., no "1/144" decal tab on the CARACAL website. I already get your email alerts, so I guess will order a couple when I get the email. R/ Dutch

I will add it to the site when the decals are ready for sale in February - this is my first foray into the scale.

Thanks for your suggestions on other members of the -135 family - I will definitely consider them depending on how this first sheet sells. If you would like to see other 1/144 releases (large airframes only - sorry, you are not likely to see 1/144 fighter decals from me), please support this first release so I can do others.

I will add it to the site when the decals are ready for sale in February - this is my first foray into the scale.

Thanks for your suggestions on other members of the -135 family - I will definitely consider them depending on how this first sheet sells. If you would like to see other 1/144 releases (large airframes only - sorry, you are not likely to see 1/144 fighter decals from me), please support this first release so I can do others.

Yes to more 1/144 large aircraft decals! After building several airliners in 1/144, I've gone back to my first love (other than the F-4 Phantom II): bombers, tankers, transports and MARPAT. I grew up near a SAC base, what can I say?

B-47

B-52

B-1B

C-121

C-124

C-130

KC-135

P2V

P-3

R/

Dutch

Yes to more 1/144 large aircraft decals! After building several airliners in 1/144, I've gone back to my first love (other than the F-4 Phantom II): bombers, tankers, t

If this sheet meets its sales goals that I set for the first 30 days, I will continue the series with another KC/EC-135 sheet and eventually do some bombers and other transports as well.

If this sheet meets its sales goals that I set for the first 30 days, I will continue the series with another KC/EC-135 sheet and eventually do some bombers and other transports as well.

Since I can't do the Snoopy happy dance here all I can give you are the dancing bananas! :banana:/>:banana:/>:banana:/>

• 4 weeks later...

Soooo????? Any news on this sheet? :coolio:/>/>/>/>

It is being printed - I sent it to Cartograf a while ago; it is out of my hands. Please have some patience - trust me, you will know when they are available for sale.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

The decals are here. It will take a few more days for the instruction sheets to arrive, and I hope to start shipping before the 15th.

Everything is tiny (as expected), but beautifully printed in a way only Cartograf can do. I hope you will like these - many of you have asked me for this subject for months, but I have to say I still wonder how this experiment will pan out. Please show me there is a market for well printed 1/144 transport/bomber decals, and I promise to bring you more.

Pre-order link coming sometime in the next couple of days.

kc1.jpg

kc2.jpg

kc3.jpg

Available for preorder now:

CD144001 - 1/144 KC-135R Stratotanker

You will not be able to navigate to this link from the Web site itself.

Sorry about the mess - I never thought I would do 1/144 decals, so the Web site layout is not set up for it. It will take a couple nights of editing to set everything right, and add a 1/144 tab. Until then, please use this link directly.

Edited by KursadA