CD144001 - 1/144 KC-135R

So far, things have been off to a good start - but the preorders at this point mostly come from friends/loyal customers & folks who have been waiting for the sheet for a while. The real test for this sheet will start when it hits the retailers' shelves.

But I feel good enough that I started drawing base profiles for the C-141 series.

So far, things have been off to a good start - but the preorders at this point mostly come from friends/loyal customers & folks who have been waiting for the sheet for a while. The real test for this sheet will start when it hits the retailers' shelves.

But I feel good enough that I started drawing base profiles for the C-141 series.

I put my order in today for the Tankers. Please consider when you do your C-141B to add in the Memphis guys maybe even the Memphis Belle that they carried as nose art, but most of their planes had nose art before they lost them. And of course would like to see a Euro one StarLizard. Thanks so much for doing the 1/144 scale. Also if you continue in the 1/144 scale I can get you photos of Arkansas Air Guard KC-135A and E models and the C-130H model we fly now. We have added nose art and tail art and Razorback hogs to the nose of our planes. Thanks so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this sheet or should I say set of decals in the mail today. Holy Schnikes is this thing awesome! Can't wait to paint up my KC-R and put a set of these down on it. Now I just need to figure out which ones to use. Probably Wisconsin since I have family there. Way to go Kursad! These things were so worth the wait. :thumbsup:/>

Don

I have around 50 sheets remaining - time to declare this experiment a success. I have several new 1/144 sheets in the works for you, starting with the general purpose C-135 markings and B-1B sets.

Edited by KursadA

I will dig out what I have which was from 1972 -76, but if I remember correctly during that time frame SAC was not into any tail markings except for the aircraft number unless it was for special event and then only for the duration of the event. So we had the "Milky Way" fuselage band with the SAC emblem on the left side and the bomb wing emblem on the right, along with the USAF wing and US Air Force fuselage markings etc.

Regards

Jim Barr

• 2 weeks later...

I got some excellent reference photos from a few of you, but I need more - so please give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses of KC-135A/E photos yearning to be put on a decal sheet. I an hoping to wrap up the design this month.

Kursad, did you get my message?

I replied to it. For anyone who wants to send me physical photos or references, the mailing address is listed on my Web site (caracalmodels.com) under "contact".

• 2 weeks later...

The 1/144 scale KC-135R sheet (CD144001) is sold out. Thanks, everyone! If you were not able to buy one directly from me, the resellers (Hannants, Sprue Bros and others) will receive their shipments soon.

I will try to bring this sheet back as a limited re-release within a few months. Meanwhile, get one from the resellers while you still can.

• 7 years later...