Next is a 1/48 Hasegawa CF-104D, as flown by AETE to the museum in Trenton. This is a parts kit with Eduard photoetch and Leading Edge decals.

DSC_0705.jpg

Edited by phantom

Cool!

Looking forward to how the PE looks.

Also somewhat dismayed; I just started my kit with no extras (unlike yours). By my estimate you should be done in about half the time it takes me... :woot.gif:

ALF

By my estimate you should be done in about half the time it takes me... :woot.gif:/>/>

I'm surprised he's not finished already! :monkeydance:

Edited by AX 365

Still sitting, wrong rims on the snow tires (got them cheap) so I have to take them back tomorrow. Stressful day for a day off so just sitting watching the hockey game tonight.

Added the Eduard etch which comes with a open chute housing.

Oh, notice the wrong gear door. As a parts kit I had a bunch of some parts and none of others, such as two port gear doors but no starboard. Oh, 3 port wing tanks and 1 starboard. Whole bunch of inner parts etc.

DSC_0710.jpg

Pretty much ready for paint in one afternoon.

DSC_0711.jpg

Edited by phantom

The ejection seats in resin are wonderful pieces of art. Such detail. Too bad I had to sand the sides off to get the dang things to FIT in the Hasegawa kit. Oh well, its not like you would SEE the detail on the pans once the kit is finished anyway.

The ejection seats in resin are wonderful pieces of art. Such detail. Too bad I had to sand the sides off to get the dang things to FIT in the Hasegawa kit. Oh well, its not like you would SEE the detail on the pans once the kit is finished anyway.

What seats did you use, big man? I used the True Details C2 seats when I built my Hasegawa TF-104G dual for the Bare It All GB. They slipped right in without any problem. I'm sorry that you had to lose some of the detail on yours.

Coming along nicely.

Mike

Thanks to John (CF-104) I now have a completed CF-104D. The last flight version from Cold Lake to Trenton for storage in the petting zoo.

I took on piece of artistic licence. Since my parts kit did not have the port brake that John mailed me I applied that part with slightly different colours. So here she be........

DSC_0722.jpg

DSC_0725.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg