1/72 Trumpeter Su-27P Flanker

Hello,

I just finished this model. It was quite easy to put together, but unfortunately it doesn't provide for retracted gears. Is this normal with Trumpeter?

I had to do a bit of cutting and filling to display this model in flight.

Being my first Trumpeter kit,I like the colourful instructions, but I wish there were proper dedicated acrylic colours for Russian jets. I had to try mixing colours to get what I thought might be correct colours.

I like the weapon selection they provide. I wanted to go for live weapons, so I hope the colours I used are correct, I made the intake missiles detachable so the model can rest on the pylons if I can't get a proper stand for it.

Also, I didn't like the shark decals, so I left them out. Other than that, the markings are quite simplistic. Definitely not as flashy as USN CAG birds. Not being familiar with Russian aircraft, I've developed a new fondness to the Su-27 and certainly looks pretty cool :coolio:/>/>

Anyway, here are the pics.

P1020768_zpse1921675.jpg

P1020767_zps87a3afcf.jpg

P1020766_zps394d05a9.jpg

P1020765_zps67348e1f.jpg

P1020764_zps860975de.jpg

P1020763_zps571ba19e.jpg

P1020762_zpsd6532016.jpg

P1020760_zps39274422.jpg

P1020759_zpsfdfa7903.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like Your Flanker! Finding proper colors for Su-27 can be hard. There are also Agama paints that are pretty good match for the camo - IMHO :)

I have to agree with Wayfarer on the magnets - very simple solution for detachable armament, and very effective too!