ARC Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thadeus

A couple of 1/72 Hornets

That I do Sernak, and I happen to have an AWESOME decal sheet by Fightertown :) I just need to figure out a way to squeeze some more models in a place allowed.

Edited by Thadeus

Nice hornets nest you are amassing there :thumbsup: ! Top notch work...well done!

Regards,

Don.

Thad

You still have not sent the one I impounded. Do I have to come and get it myself? lol

So many HORNETS holy cow dude you and phantom man are going to give Boeing and McDonnell Douglas a run for their money! :jaw-dropping:

#58 Hasegawa 1/72 CF-188A 439th squadron, 1992. Built using Leading Edge decals, done for the Tiger Group build here on ARC!

I've used Aires intakes - as usual they are AWESOME! This time however, I've decided to build the cockpit using bits from my spares box - Fujimi IP, some spare cockpit parts from Academy, and stick from Hasegawa Super Hornet. I've even added a pilot :)

I've had minor issues lining up the decals to where I wanted them, but with plenty of water I've managed to avoid major problems ;) Plus, these decals were not designed to fit my drooped flaps ;) so there was some cutting required :) Big thanks to Leading Edge for adding square decal with dark gray :) It was quite usefull ;)

I've screwed up the walkway, it didn't line up :( I've mixed some paint and brushed it - should've been more carefull applying those decals.

All in all, very pleasant build. A unique bird which looks pretty nice among other Hornets :)

DSCN4000.JPG

DSCN4328.JPG

DSCN4329.JPG

DSCN4330.JPG

DSCN4331.JPG

DSCN4334.JPG

DSCN4337.JPG

DSCN4339.JPG

DSCN4342.JPG

Right now it's stored in a shoe box, but I see a place for it in my display case :) just have to find some time to rearrange things in there :)

Thanks for checking out my collection :)

Thadeus..... WOW, that is such an impressive collection. I have enjoyed seeing all the different marking you have on each one! I like so many that you have done. You must have quite a large display case!

-Mark

Thanks mate! This turns out to be quite challenging project. And pretty expansive. I do have two IKEA Detolf display cases. However a lot of my models sit in a box. I found out those large Hasegawa Boxes in which they give You 1/72 combo sets, or 1/48 models are pretty good for storage :)

It can carry up to 5 legacy Hornets with wings folded:

DSCN4345.JPG

Or four Super Hornets:

DSCN4356.JPG

Luckilly, I have some shelf space left:

DSCN4359.JPG

Somewhere in there I must fit my Su-34 that's about to be completed.

For some time now I've been thinking about abandoning 1/72 and moving up to 1/48. But when I think of all those Hornets I'd have to let go...

In 2 - 3 months I'll probably have to get rid of my other display case at my parents. That is going to be a problem ;)